SAU Community

Apex'i Ecv Or Similar, Anyone Used One?

floody

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with the Apex'i ECV or similar exhaust butterfly valve setups.

Do they represent any real reduction in noise? Does it totally choke the performance?

Can you install the switch mechanism in a reasonably unobtrusive fashion?

Other negative effects?

If I go with one, I'd be only using it tootling about town in the closed position.

1. Yes there is a noise reduction, its like a baffle plate

2. Refer to #1, because its a baffle, it totally chokes the a$$ outta the car, do not boot it or risk severe issues

3. Yes

4. Other than the horrid restriction when closed, meaning not hitting boost etc.

2. Refer to #1, because its a baffle, it totally chokes the a$$ outta the car, do not boot it or risk severe issues

So, what gets damaged?

Ran one with the electronic controller for about 1 week but it started blowing shut under wot. I tried to run a bit more spring pressure to hold it in the fully open position then the electronic controller started having problems with the extra load i added.. Electronic is a waste of time maybe the manual one might work ok...

I use an ECV as my exhaust is quiet loud

Works great, you can set it in a few different positions as well so its not just on/off

Yes its restrictive but that being said, you don't pull it up and drive around all over the place with it active all the time

Use it in short bursts, coming down a quiet street at night, avoid unwanted attention in built up areas or even around cops etc

Otherwise spend the money and get some mufflers put in

I use an ECV as my exhaust is quiet loud

Works great, you can set it in a few different positions as well so its not just on/off

Yes its restrictive but that being said, you don't pull it up and drive around all over the place with it active all the time

Use it in short bursts, coming down a quiet street at night, avoid unwanted attention in built up areas or even around cops etc

Otherwise spend the money and get some mufflers put in

exactly the way I use mine