SAU Community

Kahlis Birthday Cruise 5th Of July

Lil Miss 32

yeah not really that much into the modding scene, cars just got exhaust n airfilters n the cheapest tyres money can buy.

i got more important things to spend my limited supply of money on at this stage in my life :P as long as the car keeps running nice n looking clean im a happy boy

im just glad my clutch managed to hold up allright its been getting a bit hit n miss lately.

was there anything done to the wrx?

smart :)

well that wrx has just an ecutech tune and exhaust!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that REALLY fckd with my head was the random person stationary on a push bike in the hills...at 2AM about 10 minute drive from anywhere...with nothing but a blinking red bike light. I wonder what was in the bag they had. Should go back during the day and look for human body remains/shallow grave.

....maybe I'll stay home.

Pete I was using a Panasonic Lumix FZ30. Nothing special, just an advanced handy cam (its no DSLR). Exposures ranged from 1 minute (shot outside Kahli's house with light trails) to just a few seconds. I think the exif data is actually on photobucket, but most shots were either 5-8 seconds or 20-30 seconds...depending on the conditions.

Edited by Thomasino

looked like a good turn out. nice photos tom and thanks for getting one of my beast :) , looks like you had an awesome camera!!

hope the rest of the cruise went withought a hitch. saw so many skylines out last night on my way home and out and about.

hope ya had fun kahli cheers for having us.

Love the pics buddy! Any chance of a hi-res copy of my GTR?

Were you the guy with the big long black coat on? With the red skyline LED's?

P1100413.jpg

I can email you a full res of this if its the right one.

Just decided to do them free after I send a PM to somone saying I'd charge :) Oh well if he replies' I'll say they're free.

:P Tom.

PS: Sucked how the Lofty carpark was shut lol.

^

Yes Thomasino , That | is Heslo's GTR

Hey Kahli, looks like everyone had a great time!

sorry couldn't make it, was just too bogged down with Uni work. Gotta finish the PhD in 3 months!

great to hear no tools came out the tool shed too

Edited by kalel

Steve, thats the one pic that worked out of about 100 or more that I was stickign my camera out the window for. I was using manual mode with about half a second exposure times, and a wide open aperture.

i really love this pic what was the settings does yours have automatic mode or your set it up manually

As an amateur photographer, I can say that those pics were taken with great skill if using a digital cam... I hope whoever took them comes to kellies next cruise :P I should hopefully have some cosmetic stuff done hehe

-D

yeah i also see it was @ 100 iso i normally leave mine @ auto and end up getting the back ground in focus too

i might try slower iso for that effect

yeah i also see it was @ 100 iso i normally leave mine @ auto and end up getting the back ground in focus too

i might try slower iso for that effect

The ISO is the overall sensitivity to light, and I don't think it has anything to do with focus. The lower ISO, the less sensitive but the less grainy, so better quality. The higher, the more sensitive but also more grainy.

I think you're talking about depth of field? The aperture determines how much of the photo (distance wise) is in focus. It also effects the amount of light entering. A higher value gives a smaller opening in the camera, which also gives a long depth of field (most of the shot in focus). A smaller value gives a large opening (more light) but means little of the shot is in focus, or, a blurred background (like most sport photos where the player is in focus, but the crowd is not).

I only used auto focus, where I could set on a 9-point grid what I wanted in focus.

Just a quick lesson on photography for everyone.

Wait, didn't I read somewhere that you were into photography Madaz? Did I read your post wrong?