SAU Community

Cheap Plasma/lcd Upgrade 40"+

TUFF_350

Hi guys,

am looking to upgrade the old CRT with something more up to date but without breaking the budget. Clearly a new Sony Bravia LCD is what id like but is out of the question. Looking to spend no more then $2k, any suggestions from these links?

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-plasma-lcd/hd-tv-1080/index.php

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-plasma-lcd/big...en-tv/index.php

Is it worth going something like the Soniq or just saving up for the proper stuff?

PS As close to Full HD as possible, thanx in advance.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got my new LCD with full built in HD

cost under $1300 but its a 32 inch

Go to truscotts at parafield airport and speak to grant. top bloke, did me a crazy price on everything i got

and i get stuff for it cheaper aswell now (best aftersales service i have seen in a while)

u will look around $1600 for a Decent one, mines JVC and its perfect for XBox 360 and movies n all

$1600 is the average for 40"

I got mine, 40" samsung LCD full HD for 1600 with wall mount included, that was at harvey normans. It is amazing quality with the pc hooked up, brilliant for dvd and gaming.

Brilliant TV, Had it right next to the same size samsung LCD, and the plasma shat all over it.

Now just leave it running without a screensaver whilst hooked up to your pc and see which one is better in 24 hrs. If I recall correctly plasma tv's suffer from screen burn.

nah mate you need a 50"! i bought mine of ebay full hd Samsung 50" and it was pick up from adelaide for $1800 i was lovin it but for around 2k you can find a samsung 42" in the shops. from experience i use to have a 42 and that looked really small so i suggest you might aswel go for the 50" you wont regret it no point gettin the small 30" and 40" plus lcd are over rated plasmas are the way to go =]

I doubt 42" plasmas were ever meant to be used as computer screens, for the simple fact of still image screen burn. Both LCD and plasma had pro's and con's, go to a reputable dealer, harvey norman, jb hifi, and they will find a tv that suits your setup.

oooooooooooo wait rofl i thought you wanted to upgrade your tv ^_^ my bad sorry lol... yea i got a 20" samsung screen for my comp.. no need to go for huge screens for computer.

Now just leave it running without a screensaver whilst hooked up to your pc and see which one is better in 24 hrs. If I recall correctly plasma tv's suffer from screen burn.

Simple.... dont do it. :happy:

Whats better? Using a bit of common sense and dont leave the same image on there for ages or getting a better TV for your money?

EDIT: Ah, seeing as this is for FULL Computer use.... Id get an LCD simply to avoid the risk of burning the image. If this was for TV use and occasional comp. use (Like Mine), Id get a plasma.

Edited by R31 drift pig

yeah prolly cause it was a budget LCD they had it next too

EDIT

Plasma and LCD's dont suffer from burn in anymore

I just bought a Samsung 50" Plasma for $2400, and last week I saw it for $1998 at the Good Guys Mile End.

Brilliant TV, Had it right next to the same size samsung LCD, and the plasma shat all over it.

yeah prolly cause it was a budget LCD they had it next too

EDIT

Plasma and LCD's dont suffer from burn in anymore

LCD's don't but plasmas still do bro.....go into most dept stores these days and you'll see them clearing all stock of plasmas and focusing on LCD's (now that they are coming down in price) because of all the returns on plasmas

Woah back fellas.... some truth and some bullshit here.

I have been in the industry for about six years now and specialize in audio visual equipment.

I work at Keith Bowden Electrical six days a week and do this stuff all day.

Its a simple case of you get what you pay for....Go for a quality brand for sure.

Yes it is possible for plasma to burn but I have never had one returned coz it has. They have many anti-burn features these days.

There are many options for 2k.... eg latest panasonic 50 inch HD plasma. I am happy to provide advice/ assistance/ price.

Give me a buzz at work .... 8277 4133 cheers Martin.

I work at harvey norman.. we have samsung 50" Plasma HD for around $1900, but can do an SAU discount :dry:

My brother works at the Munno Para store