TUFF_350

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plasma = 1366 x 768 Max

LCD = 1920 x 1080

How can plama quote true 1080i HD then?

Was never an issue with SD but just because you can send a HD signal thru a Plasma, doesn't mean you get true HD......only possible with LCD!

Sony who have been the innovators of TV for decades are phasing out Plasma for their LCD Bravia range........and prices are coming down on LCD so why would you bother with Plasma.

Big Radio Rentals store at Melrose Pk have stuff all Plasma now and are concentrating on the future, HD 1080i LCD.

in australia we dont even broadcast @ 1080i or p

its a cut down version because all the TV broadcasters dont want to pay for bandwidth that HD TV chews

some good >>READING<<

and >>More<<

go see Martin, guarantee i would rather see a audiophile than some noob just waiting to cut a pay check

LCD's don't but plasmas still do bro.....go into most dept stores these days and you'll see them clearing all stock of plasmas and focusing on LCD's (now that they are coming down in price) because of all the returns on plasmas

That's total BS mate. I work at Harvey Norman and i get 3 times as many LCD's back than Plasma's.

Plasma = 1366 x 768 Max

LCD = 1920 x 1080

How can plama quote true 1080i HD then?

Was never an issue with SD but just because you can send a HD signal thru a Plasma, doesn't mean you get true HD......only possible with LCD!

Sony who have been the innovators of TV for decades are phasing out Plasma for their LCD Bravia range........and prices are coming down on LCD so why would you bother with Plasma.

Big Radio Rentals store at Melrose Pk have stuff all Plasma now and are concentrating on the future, HD 1080i LCD.

Wrong again mate. There's a number of plasma panels on the market

with 1920x1080P resolution. And sony never made their own plasmas, now they don't even make

their own LCD's. They are manufactured by Samsung, Sharp and BENQ.

^^ which was what i was getting @ earlier that most manufacturers of TV dont make there own panels

have a look on >>HERE<< you may pic up something cheaper with a good panel in it,

keep in mind not all TV manufacturers make there own panels

I love this Hitachi. Got it for the family when I got off the bike....

awesome, 60000hr half-life, 1024x1080 panel, so its HD down the side.

viewing sports is awesome, so clear (down to individual dew drops on footy park, etc)

same goes for movies. wouldnt use it for a PC monitor tho, go LCD for that.

in australia we dont even broadcast @ 1080i or p

its a cut down version because all the TV broadcasters dont want to pay for bandwidth that HD TV chews

what about Blue Ray discs steve

That's total BS mate. I work at Harvey Norman and i get 3 times as many LCD's back than Plasma's.

Not for image burn i bet

Wrong again mate. There's a number of plasma panels on the market

with 1920x1080P resolution. And sony never made their own plasmas, now they don't even make

their own LCD's. They are manufactured by Samsung, Sharp and BENQ.

So Sony aren't focusing on their LCD range now and are still selling Plasma under their tag.......crap!

I never said Sony manufactured their own panels, I was talking about future sales......read before you type pal

who makes a true 1920 x 1080 Plasma by the way.....just curious?

BLUE Ray isnt a broadcast format Pete thats a bought

if channel 10 was to broadcast blue ray that would have 30 mins of adverts and 10 mins of program just to pay for the bandwidth used to air the show

we got a 50inch Samsung plasma from jb hifi ages ago this one was around 5K with all features and shite. but then when we got it home we realised it didnt have a HDMI out i think it was when we needed it, but we worked around it.

we got foxtel hooked to it with a dvd recorder with hard drive so we just record foxtel on that it works killa.

what about Blue Ray discs steve

Not for image burn i bet

So Sony aren't focusing on their LCD range now and are still selling Plasma under their tag.......crap!

I never said Sony manufactured their own panels, I was talking about future sales......read before you type pal

who makes a true 1920 x 1080 Plasma by the way.....just curious?

I've never had a plasma with damage from "screen burn" in the 5 years i've been

working in the industry.

Samsung, LG, Pioneer and Panasonic all make Full HD 1920x1080P panels.

Maybe you should think before you type "pal". Don't assume you know all the

facts.

lol, this thread has opened a can of worms :dry:

Yeah. Sorry. I just have to stuff like that from customers who

think they know everything, all day.

Guess I just wanted to vent a bit. LOL

Edited by Doobs

that's cause now a days with the internets and all this product propaganda where all experts

Yeah. The best way to buy a TV is to take your favourite DVD into a store

and get them to play it on the TV's you're looking for.

Then get the one that you feel makes the DVD look best.

BLUE Ray isnt a broadcast format Pete thats a bought

if channel 10 was to broadcast blue ray that would have 30 mins of adverts and 10 mins of program just to pay for the bandwidth used to air the show

Maayyyte, I know that..........I'm saying that to get the full advantage of the blue ray disc, you need LCD