SAU Community

Wii Update 3.3e

smurf80

Well as the title says if you update to the latest wii firmware you will kill the freeloader and the Twilight Princess hack. Heads up to all those who imported Brawl and other games to not update there wii if they wish to continue playing it.

I guess for the moment the update wont appear on any games but no doubt in future we will all be forced to update killing the freeloader.

Seems funny how this happens one week before Brawl hits Aus shores huh.

As far as I know this doesnt effect people with Wiikeys only using the Freeloader.

Man that totally suckx, even sony ditched the stupid & lame region control on its PS3.

What about the other mod chips? ie the argon, d2pro etc etc?

I'm considering modding my wii (after my car is fixed) & its got the new version of the wii motherboard where the wii key would not work.

To me a console without a mod is about as useful as a useless pos :P

Edited by Mayuri Krab

I had a chip and also needed the freeloader to load gamecube (and wii) games from America. But then i got an update, not this one an older one and it stopped my freeloader from working. But then i just put in the game on its own and it worked. I think they just wanted to not let the people that made freeloader make money.

Apparently there's still a way to play imported games if your firmware is 3.3, info was posted here:

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10309

"Fear not! Region Free gaming is still possible with 3.3!

For those of you who don't know what the Twilight Hack is or how to use it... Twilight Hack

As long as you use the Twilight Hack to install the Homebrew Channel (here) BEFORE updating to 3.3, you will still be able to run homebrew when you update.

There is a homebrew application available called Gecko Region Free which functions just as the Freeloader and allows you to play import games!!!

However! the current version (1.5) of Gecko Region Free doesn't support Brawl... but the next version will and its coming out very soon.

Version 1.4 does support Brawl, but it doesn't work on the Homebrew Channel... so yea... useless."

Might be something to keep an eye on. I've heard of the Homebrew Channel but have never used it. Anyone here have?

• 1 month later...

Not many NTSC games need freeloader if u have the correct chip(or fully wired).

Ive got Wasabi & DC2Pro9 and the only games which have needed freeloader are Backyard Baseball 09 and Bust A Move bash.

Brawl doesnt contain the 3.3 update so theres no need to update at this time, still on 3.2E myself :D CBF updating for these useless channels Nintendo spew out.