SAU Community

An R35 For Less Than $80k Aud Landed

rtune

http://www.prestigemotorsport.com.au/modul...hp?StockID=4647

btw.. Interesting what they say:

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ABOUT IMPORT FOR ROAD USE AS THIS MODEL WON'T BE ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED TO THE SEVS LIST AS A SECOND HAND VEHICLE UNTIL 18 MONTHS AFTER FIRST RELEASE IN JAPAN (ie. APPROX. JUNE 2009), PROVIDING NISSAN DOES NOT IMPORT TO AUST. IN FULL VOLUME BEFORE THEN

So the R35s getting quietly listed cannot be complied until mid next year? if nissan are slow?

but what don't get is the hints that there are R35s that can be for road use available or

soon to be available for nutty prices (160k), and there is one compliance shop so far that

has done the work to comply them.

But this advert says flatly that nothing can be done until 18 months after the japan

launch date. And if nissan import before mid next year nothing can be done at all, leaving

anyone buying one hoping to get a blue slip, in the lurch.

how to reconcile those two things?

That car has also been rear-ended... It's cheap, but personally if I had that sorta money I'd prefer to hunt down a straight one over a cheaper, crashed one.

We'll get the jap spec ones before aussie nissan gets them here I reckon.

but what don't get is the hints that there are R35s that can be for road use available or

soon to be available for nutty prices (160k), and there is one compliance shop so far that

has done the work to comply them.

But this advert says flatly that nothing can be done until 18 months after the japan

launch date. And if nissan import before mid next year nothing can be done at all, leaving

anyone buying one hoping to get a blue slip, in the lurch.

how to reconcile those two things?

I think Prestige Motor Sport are just playing it safe, cause they know its a pretty thick Red Tape ATM with all the SEVS and what-not.

So if you can get a cheap one like this, repair it and get it to Road use then thats friggin sweet!

That car has also been rear-ended... It's cheap, but personally if I had that sorta money I'd prefer to hunt down a straight one over a cheaper, crashed one.

I would like to go for the V-Spec Model.

correct me if i'm wrong , but if you import a car for rally/race purposes it would never be able to be complied for road use. I though that to register a car it needs to be imported as a road car to begin with. If i'm wrong then this would be a bargain to buy .

regards

mike

The guys selling the GTRS for 160k are not selling them as second hand I believe but rather as limited numbers of brand newies. I dont think SEVS allows you to bring in damaged cars for road use anyway or even cars that have had accidents and repaired.

Hahaha wouldn't buying a rear ended R35 just be a great idea...

That'll be an easy fix, just head straight on up to your local Nissan dealer and grab a few new R35 panels that they obviously dont have...

I have heard...so its just a rumour...that if you ask nissan for parts for your R35 (panels) outside Japan - they have the right to refuse supply.

Although I guess it wouldnt stop you using a supplier in Japan who would then whack on their %.

Cheap 35 though! nothing that gaffer tape couldnt fix!

• 1 month later...

Any idea how much cheaper the import ones will be compared to the local ones? I can't afford the circa 150K price. lol

• 1 month later...