SAU Community

Princess Kellie Cruise Round 5

DIOR 33

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey steve are you going on the cruise?

I have an exam until 5pm but might catch up with you all after that, If steve isn't going can some one else SMS me there number so i ahve someone to contact.

Thanks

Dale

hey if ne 1 gets on here b4 the cruse leave, could ya txt me the meet point!! 0405618315

im up from VH and have a few hours to kill!!

thanks guys

James

Edited by Turbz_13

The cruise had left we where at Windies at about that time which is where my clutch slave cylinder dies so i had to drive from Windies point to Campbelltown through the hills with no clutch. I was actually quite fun as you have to keep as much momentum through the corners as you can, Especially since i only have 1.8 litres so not much off boost torque.

EDIT!!

I Just had another look, it was the slave cylinder that leaked the fluid but it wasn't the root of the problem;

Anyone see anything wrong in these pictures? :laugh:

Image701.jpg

Image700.jpg

Now the question is does anyone know if the Nismo pivot points are any stronger than the regular ones? Because if they are 3 times the price because they are brand name I won't be using one.

Edited by D_Stirls

Well I certainly had an interesting night.

I was on a cruise by myself going up Shepheards Hill Road when I thought I might ring Min and see where they're at with the cruise. Since it was going up to Windy Point, I decided to maybe join for a bit. So As I arrived at Windy Point about 10 mins later, I rang Min again to see where he was at. Jetty Road he said. So I decided to drive down to Glenelg, thinking it was a rest stop. Once I got to Glenelg, I checked to see where you guys were, and you were already at Windy Point.

So I raced down to Windy Point again, and made it just as you guys were leaving (I was too embarassed about the car to step out, that's how much I hate it lol). Anyways, I drove behind someone, and they were freaking flying. It was hard for me to keep up, I almost lost control on that road twice, the G-Force was unbelievable. I assume this is lessened in a Skyline sue to Downforce and suspension?

Then at the Old Belair Road intersection I went straight instead of turning, so I had to turn back. However, I was very much behind, so I decided to quit when I got to Cross Road. As I was driving up Unley Road, I noticed ENR 034 and 2 others, and kept up with them, thinking I was back in the cruise. However, I got a real bad set of lights down on Sudholz Road, so I gave up for good.

After checking out the works on Port Wakefield Road I drove home via South Road. I decided not to go into Vilis because there was no real point in me going there. Then, just after the Anzac Highway intersection, I saw a houseparty that had just been broken up. There were at least 300 people there... it was hillarious.

And that was my night. Filled up the car with 15 bucks on the way home, which was alright for 3 hours worth of driving.

was a top night!! i enjoyed the early start/early finish!!

was also good to talk to a few new faces..

the bad piont of the night, my car is angry at me...dash led's stopped working, had to use PFC for speedo, air bag light started flashing up to windy's

then stopped..WTF??

now on my way home, its makin a loud humming noise when it hits boost...cutch? turbo? thrust bearing?

LOL well i have to agree good nite but my car isn't happy with me either. Firstly still getting really bad shuttering around corners and sometimes taking off (I assumed hicas) until the hicas decided to crack the shits and stop working on me going through a corner on the way down form windy point, lol was very interesting feeling the difference.

Apart from that awsum cruz once again kelly, and good to put faces to some names!

yeh its good to have such a awsome car club with a buch of great guys and gals!

makes owning an import and cruising with a bunch of other ppl a hell of a lot more enjoyable!

but yeh put alot of names to face!! thanks to the name tags hahahaha

ok....... gotta catch my breath......

WOW awesome cruise!! every aspect was intense! the street driving, the twisties, the shorter stops and the social aspect was much more intense! liked the way everyone was having a good old chinwag and not just with the same people was AWESOME!

to those i mett! was a pleasure!

once again awesome cruise. getting to know everyone now and it certainly makes it alot more enjoyable..

man the amount of backfires, blowoffs and mini dori... was awesome yet still relatively sencible!! INTENSE

did someone say GORGE! adrian... perhaps you should step into my office and we'll talk business :)

:D

ill post up pics tomorrow

norman german i admire your effort in trying to make it. get a 32!!! :)

dale sounds like a shitter of an issue.... saw ur bonnet up, at windy! was gonna ask what was the go but there were lotsa people alredy gathered round anyway hope its a quick fix withought too many dramas

thnx for organising kellie, had a good pace without anything stupid

pics or ban jenkies

good to catch up with the regulars and meet a few new people.

name tags were a good idea i reckon, im sh*t with names n it saved me feeling like a tool not knowing a name when ive been told it before :D

normangerman reminds me of me pre buying a skyline :) hey dude you gota vid cam i remember correctly right? if you do some cam work next time you can ride in my GTR if you like.

dale sounds like a shitter of an issue.... saw ur bonnet up, at windy! was gonna ask what was the go but there were lotsa people alredy gathered round anyway hope its a quick fix withought too many dramas

The down side of a 1200kg pressure plate. I should have fitted a new one when I had the engine out, you can see where it has broken that it's been broken for a while now but some how it managed to still operate.

Well it's 50:50 whether I'm going to have to pull the box out. There's a slight chance that I can get the new pivot point back in thought the release fork hole but getting the yoke back on the thrust bearing will be damn near impossible.

We'll find out Tuesday when I have a crack at it. It's going back on the dyno Saturday to finish off the tune so it has to be fixed by then.

norman german i admire your effort in trying to make it. get a 32!!! :D

I'm actually saving up for a 33, probably round 15k... got more than half already saved up so far.

Ok i started to upload these pictures last night but fell asleep! Had been a long day for me XD But yeah im s**t at taking pics but here is my effort.

A few hours before the cruise getting the car clean :D

DSC02795.jpg

Radd33 (Adrian) finally washed his car + Starcorp Impuls. Looks very tough :)

DSC02800.jpg

A few shots of all the lines lined up!

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

Sweet pics guys! :D

Pity about some of the dramas. Good luck with fixing the car dude, but I'm sure it'll be easier to pull the gearbox out. BBQ and drinks day? ;)

No Stags? I shoulda been there :) Forgive me Kell.

I only finished my turbo swap about 5pm, and still had to shower and drop off the young lad, before attending a birthday party after 8pm. I wanted to squeeze a bit of this cruise it, but just had too many 'little things' pop up with my turbo upgrade. FYI, Slide stage 2 turbo ... Wow!

So when is the next cruise? :)