SAU Community

Ute

you couldnt comply it the mods are too structual.

and its a rwd nonturbo model with a manual rb25 turbo

u could just buy a stag and have it done here. im sure any place that does 4wd cut downs could handle it. b4 any1 says it, yes i am aware 4wds have a separate chassis. but it shouldnt matter, they will still know what there doin. come to think of it, years ago (pre holden crewman days) i heard of a company cutting down commo wagons into duel cabs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u could just buy a stag and have it done here. im sure any place that does 4wd cut downs could handle it. b4 any1 says it, yes i am aware 4wds have a separate chassis. but it shouldnt matter, they will still know what there doin. come to think of it, years ago (pre holden crewman days) i heard of a company cutting down commo wagons into duel cabs.

Nup - you are talking about the New One Tonner co out of Adelaide, they had to get all their vehicles engineered as ICV's, and it was done by mounting the front half of a commo on an old one tonner chassis. There is no way in hell you would get something like that rego'd here. If you want a close to home example, just look at what the Osman brothers went through to get rego for their WRX ute (and that was a domestic market car that already complied with current ADR's)

As for the kombi to ute conversion, why the hell wouldn't you just buy a factory kombi ute? They came in single and crew cabs from the factory.....

there are plenty of sedans around that have been registered after having the roof chopped off to make convertibles. a few extra chassis rails for strength before the chop so it doesnt all coolapse sheet metal the cab in and add a window then fabricate a drop in rear tray and after a few thousand man hours u might have one.

A stag ute is such a brilliant idea would be a great project if you had some automotive engineering experience behind you. Im sure if you did the conversion here then had it done right with all the right parties happy you'd be able to register it. Would be a ute muster favourite fo sho!!

You could even make it have a tail gate with enough work

the red one has a drop down tail gate

if u guys think that looks killer then what about this one.

post-44842-1213875758_thumb.jpgpost-44842-1213875781_thumb.jpg

love this one its the background on my comp at work..

got this stag on my comp at home tho.

post-46163-1214106782_thumb.jpg

post-46163-1214107051_thumb.jpg

love this one its the background on my comp at work..

got this stag on my comp at home tho.

post-46163-1214106782_thumb.jpg

ow and sorry bout the double thingo lol wont let me delete it ehehehehehehehehe

Edited by messanic

Check this out for ute conversions. A friend of a friend owned this car from new paided approx $260K for it with extra's and then sold it to Stuart Appleby (the golfer) who gave it to a shop to convert it to a BMW M5 ute. Check out the attached site. Great detailed pictures of the work involved. Massive effort!

http://www.m5ute.com

Check this out for ute conversions. A friend of a friend owned this car from new paided approx $260K for it with extra's and then sold it to Stuart Appleby (the golfer) who gave it to a shop to convert it to a BMW M5 ute. Check out the attached site. Great detailed pictures of the work involved. Massive effort!

http://www.m5ute.com

Wow!

That is a dead set work of art! SOOOOO much work involved in a project like that. A crapload more than converting a wagon, thats for sure.

It will go like a scalded cat with the M5 engine too.

Nup - you are talking about the New One Tonner co out of Adelaide, they had to get all their vehicles engineered as ICV's, and it was done by mounting the front half of a commo on an old one tonner chassis. There is no way in hell you would get something like that rego'd here. If you want a close to home example, just look at what the Osman brothers went through to get rego for their WRX ute (and that was a domestic market car that already complied with current ADR's) As for the kombi to ute conversion, why the hell wouldn't you just buy a factory kombi ute? They came in single and crew cabs from the factory.....

no. im talkin about vt-vx wagons cut into dual cabs. they did a feature on them in st comm magazine. if i can find the article i'll post up the info. i got like 150 magazines to look through. will take a while

Edited by Raysboostin

• 4 weeks later...

ok, its official

once the stag is thrugh Shakken again (inspection) this december, me and 3 other friends are gonna ute my stagea.

Im using an extra tailgate to make the wall of the cab, and then sheetmetal riveted and welded to box in the back.

we are still in the design stagea of course, but its a go