SAU Community

Sau Trackday Wrap Up Thread

Sheng

one more for shitsngiggles..

herecomestehf128586061837004186.jpg

Anna or Dave, whoever was driving, the aftermath of that was very impressive! wish I had actually watched it happen hahaha.

here is the pic i took for you guys on the way home, showing where some mud was still found :rofl:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/Sl...83/IMG_5861.jpg

hahahahahaha love the pics sammeh !!

Twas Dave driving, im in the passenger seat lmao whilst sliding off the track at around 100km/h.... :D

Yeah the mud is everywhere!! No inner wheel guards after rolling the guards last weekend might not have been such a good idea in hindsight...... lol

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some old fella timed one lap of the white R33 with no wing, sorry to the owner dont know who it is. Licence plate starts with BBR

He pulled a 1:09 on that lap. And pretty much from watching his car in group four while it was still out there in the morning, must have been the quickest car and probably bettered that 1:09 at some stage.

Good to see everyone had fun, wouldn't a cold day have been better for the car? Greg congrats on the fast times mate, sounds like you beat Chubbs :D Everyone else who knows me, I hope to see you all again soon with the new car :rofl:

Haha i wish! But no instead of a good time i managed to massacre my turbo

hahaha

go team redbull!!!

man we had a bit of beer at Mikes before the club

Car looks clean at the end Spanna!

p.s. I wants 4.5 neg camber like you!!

Yeah those beers were only in an hour or so too!!

Then you need to speak to "teh mechanic" if you wants the camber :D

Anna, What brakes are they on the fronts? they are fooking massive.

Yeah they are massive !! ... Alcon K type Nascar calipers ... rotors are Alcon 355 x 32mm... just finding/ordering the matching rears now... the standard size rears look pitiful atm!

Haha i wish! But no instead of a good time i managed to massacre my turbo

Oh no! :D That's no good mate! Going for the same turbo again? Are you still on the Thursday night cruises btw Greg? I should have the new car on the road in about 3-4 weeks and it'd be good to see you guys again.

Hey Anna, how much did you pay for those brakes? They look like a good investment.

Anna, UAS have the 4 piston ALCON kit with 335MM rotors. But its ~3500.

cool, thats what I need for the rears.... they are different to my fronts... although I wont be buying new, can basically half that cost by buying second hand calipers and getting hats made for the rotors :rofl:

Need to look in the right places for the "k" types... ie racing circles.... :D

who wants to go down on monday the 30th for speed off the streets

My employer doesn't like giving less than 2 weeks notice for taking leave, otherwise I'd go in a heart beat :D

sounds like a top day. :rofl: really sorry I couldn't make it down there. :D

Thanks to the organisers, I'm so glad we have people in our club giving their time to make these events happen. well done. :P

also, well done to all those who got out there and had some fun. I'm very impressed by all the times I've seen posted so far. so many guys in the teens which is really moving in a road car around wakefield. well done! you should all be proud.

Thanks to volunteer and organizer for the great time yesterday.

big thanks to Adam for your suggestion (it was my first moment on the track while u sat next to me, very appreciate!!)

Here are some pics to share with you guys ....

post-37239-1214141234_thumb.jpgpost-37239-1214141254_thumb.jpg

post-37239-1214141296_thumb.jpgpost-37239-1214141309_thumb.jpg

post-37239-1214141324_thumb.jpgpost-37239-1214141337_thumb.jpg

post-37239-1214141351_thumb.jpgpost-37239-1214141365_thumb.jpg

post-37239-1214141387_thumb.jpgpost-37239-1214141406_thumb.jpg

post-37239-1214141425_thumb.jpgpost-37239-1214141441_thumb.jpg

What a fantastic day!! Well done to all organisers and volunteers :P

I had a great day and the car has held up well, I loved my new paint job, the "mud look" and I was the same as you Anna, I had mud everywhere from my EPIC FAIL off the fish hook on my first session. It took me two goes to wash it off and was coming off in chunks under the car so I was going around most of the day with extra weight :laugh:

I learnt some new lines and was rocketing over some of those MASSIVE ripple strips up the top. I reckon I was airborne at least once :laugh:

Had the best fun and was good to see everyone :laugh:

I wouldn't have a clue what times I was doing but that's the quickest I have ever gone around wakie so far so hope I have cracked the 1:10's :P

Cant wait to see the pictures!

was a great day! well done to the organisers who ran a well lubed event :P ! i was very happy with how i went, i only got passed by 2 cars during the whole day in group 4, Jess being one of them :laugh: atleast i can say i didn't spin though :laugh: :laugh:

bring on the next one.... :P

was a great day! well done to the organisers who ran a well lubed event :P ! i was very happy with how i went, i only got passed by 2 cars during the whole day in group 4, Jess being one of them :laugh: atleast i can say i didn't spin though :laugh: :laugh:

bring on the next one.... :P

Was nice meeting you Luke!

Aww I did admire your car as I was going past :P I wanted to see what Wakie was like on and off the track, I paid for it tho with loads of cleaning after and I am pretty sore :laughing-smiley-014:

Had a great day with plenty of track time. Ended up using a whole tank of fuel, which is quite an effort in my car.

Thanks to the organisers for a well run event even though Corinne did tease my SR20 :laugh: .

We should try and do this more often.

Short day for me as tow car Commy did alternator in the morning and then battery change at servo along the way, long story, delayed getting there until after 2pm. Huge bunch of Skylines though and great to see. Not ideal conditions being so cold, not so good for grip plus dirt on the track from everyone gong off including me which is rare. Best time I did was 1 5.49 which was PB by 3 tenths.

Well done to Neil and Duncan and everyone for your efforts. :laugh: