SAU Community

Interior Trim Re-finishing... R33

Hi all,

I want to source new, or get my existing interior trim re-finished. The i am referring too is the plastic trim inserts parts around gear shift, and the entire dash.

Is there a company that offeres some soft of re-coating, or re-finishing to restore it to perfect condition?

I dont want some crazy custom colour or bullshit looking carbon fibre finish...

Cheers,

Ian

u can do it urself, just get the spray paint custom mixed at places like autobahn and then do the spray. will have original colour and all an wont cost you hundreds

my 2c

I thought it wasnt paint though. Rather some sort of coating. Seems to attract dust very well not that that is a good thing. I just figured there was a propper way, not a back yarder way of doing this..?

I think the plastic is just painted, just not a normal kinda paint.

seen many skyline interiors resprayed to look better then ever, and like said above it costs alot less. I did it on my VL, full repsray of every bit of dash and probably cost me less then 100 bucks. 3 years later and it hasnt faded, cracked or even marked

The factory plastic paint on r34's is shocking, so I repainted mine and came out looking better than new,

all it took was a few cans of paint and primer, a top coat and some prep work before painting,

took all but a lazy weekend to do (let parts dry overnight)

Ok guys thanks for the info. Im going to be doing some prep work in a few weeks on my other car for major re-spray work, so I'll do the GTR trim at the same time ... I might even post up the before and after pics if I dont turn it into a complete balls up!

Ok guys thanks for the info. Im going to be doing some prep work in a few weeks on my other car for major re-spray work, so I'll do the GTR trim at the same time ... I might even post up the before and after pics if I dont turn it into a complete balls up!

It's very easy. here are some quick pics I snapped just now in the dark of what I done with mine.

We have a spray booth at work, and used auto paint to spray it, along with another two coats of clear.

nicely painted plastic interior + leather gear and handbreak boots from an sau user + blue LED globes for cluster and A/C controls from another sau user =win

post-55-1214308556_thumb.jpg

post-55-1214308569_thumb.jpg

post-55-1214308584_thumb.jpg

post-55-1214308598_thumb.jpg

post-55-1214308664_thumb.jpg

Thats a GTS-T right? There interior trim is a little diferent. The GTR trim has a sort of soft coating on it rather than a hard finish normally. I found this out when I bought a replacement light switch trim part off ebay and noticed the trim coatings were completely diferent to my GTR.

Either that... or what is already in my GTR is not stock...

Dont you find all that blue light a bit much when your driving at night?

Has anyone else got more pics?

Cheers,

Ian

doxximus, what colour is that? I'm looking at respraying mine soon, and I wanted something like that.

Mine is red at the moment, I thought it would be cool... but now I think its kinda gay. Plus the spray painter was retarded (it was me :D)

Ian, that covering is stock. Looks ok, but mine was peeling off. But it took me about 4 hours to scrape it all off with a spoon!