SAU Community

Should I Sell My R33?

zorb_rules

Hey lucky enough i happen to have both. my r33 series 1 since i was 19 and this year i just picked up a MKII SR (not quite an XR6 but identical little brother wannabe).

unfortunately, i have to report that fuel even for the SR is ridiculous! can't imagine how much more the turbo would chew up on. Previously my daily driver was on gas, so $30 - 35 would cover me for a tank, but now i'm paying $100 average a week on basic normal fuel. --whereas on Saturday night i filled the R33 with 95% good stuff and it only cost me $70 bucks. i drive the skyline much harder than the ford and i still get more km out of a tank!

overall, i say keep the skyline.? as for comfort and practical use the ford is heaps better for me, but i didn't buy my skyline for practical use, i brought it as a project to do up and now i have i'm just enjoying driving it much more than the ford. if you can afford both, and over time keep working on the skyline, then do it!!

Hey lucky enough i happen to have both. my r33 series 1 since i was 19 and this year i just picked up a MKII SR (not quite an XR6 but identical little brother wannabe).

unfortunately, i have to report that fuel even for the SR is ridiculous! can't imagine how much more the turbo would chew up on. Previously my daily driver was on gas, so $30 - 35 would cover me for a tank, but now i'm paying $100 average a week on basic normal fuel. --whereas on Saturday night i filled the R33 with 95% good stuff and it only cost me $70 bucks. i drive the skyline much harder than the ford and i still get more km out of a tank!

overall, i say keep the skyline.? as for comfort and practical use the ford is heaps better for me, but i didn't buy my skyline for practical use, i brought it as a project to do up and now i have i'm just enjoying driving it much more than the ford. if you can afford both, and over time keep working on the skyline, then do it!!

You might want to start filling it up with 98RON, or you could be including an engine rebuild into the project...

You might want to start filling it up with 98RON, or you could be including an engine rebuild into the project...

Lol true. Detonation is bad.

Edited by Phatboy

Okies so recently (after I blew up the r33) I thought it might be time to upgrade the old skyline to something newer...

I've had the r33 (gtst) for a year since I've had it i've done a few minor mods FMIC, Exhaust, RIMS, Sports Seats, and Stereo....Spent approximately bout 5-6k on all this extra stuff..and i've had to rebuild it approx another 2k

Anyways I brought it for 10.5k and am looking to sell it for a similar price.

but what im really wondering is the upgrade from an r33 to and xr6 t worth it??

What do you think of the xr6 turbo's? and any known problems...

Im looking at the BA models 2003-2005.. and most with approx 100,000km on the clock are priced between 16k-22k depending on colour, auto, manual etc....

Whats your opinion guys??

How much are you expecting to sell your 33 for, the way things are atm you would probably be lucky to get 15, especially since low 20's will get you a 33gtr.

makes me wonder, all these people owning their car for a year and wanting to sell, and here I sitting here with my car 7 years on.

wtf is wrong with me

i have every intention of keeping mine for quite a few years, in fact im about to pump a big chunk of money into the engine, but of course things change i might sell it in a year, but im not planning on it.