SAU Community

Where can I find timing map for RB25DET?

S14Drift!

I will reprogram a 300ZX ECU for my RB25DET / Silvia, cause I can't find a R33 one(I live in Canada), and cause I can't reprogram R33.

So my question is, what are the stock timing map like?

I guess it will be very close to RB20DET , does it make sense?

I already got the RB20DET...but I would prefer to make sure that they are like RB25DET.

Also, does anybody as the firing order for RB25DET ? (I have to compare with a 300ZX engine..if there are not the same, I will switch injector and coil pack wiring.

Lippo: Yes, it will probably go better with a 95 model ECU

S14Drift: The Daughterboards are not easily available and expensive. Badbiki doesn't have one, they are more complicated. You can get a new Hitachi H8-534 CPU from www.grid.co.jp and program it with new maps but it's like $300 windowed (reprogrammable) CPU and that's not all you need.

Originally posted by TomR33

You can get a new Hitachi H8-534 CPU from www.grid.co.jp and program it with new maps but it's like $300 windowed (reprogrammable) CPU and that's not all you need.

Sorry but I don't read japanese....

I have an eprom programmer, eprom eraser...and all that, I have been tuning SR20DET in Montreal(Canada) for almost a year now...

I can get a 300ZX ECU for less than 100 Aus...and then reprogram it... so paying 100$ for something I can't retune doesn't make sense to me.

Did the R32 RB20DET had the VTC too ? if so I can probably buy on of these (cause the have eprom on board) and tune that?

I would prefer a RB ECU for only one reason, they have 2 knock sensor input...and the 300 ZX only has 1....

S14Drift:Try this if you can't read Japanese, it will give you a rough English translation: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/u...ml%2F28_07.html

The Rb20DET don't have VCT. That is the biggest problem in adapting Rb20DET ECU to RB25DET engine. Some people have done it by adding an additional board with a specially programmed PIC microcontroller and a transistor to control VCT.

Would you be able get me one of those 300ZX ECUs for less than $100 AUD?

Originally posted by TomR33

Would you be able get me one of those 300ZX ECUs for less than $100 AUD?

The best place is Ebay.com

There is a lot of these ECU for sale (at least 3 to 5 per week), some went for 38 $ US, and the last one I missed went for 43$ US...

If people don't want to ship it to Australia, I could have it ship here in Canada, then ship it back to you :)