SAU Community

Just New

scotty boi

Hi all

Im only new to this as i just bought an r 33 gtst 4 door. But i put a set of blade rims from bob jane t-marts on and i ended up with a massive chunk taken out of the left front wheel. Tottaly stuffed had to buy a whole new rim cost 395 dollars real annoyed. Anyway when i drive it sounds like a deep whining noise around 50 to 60 ks maybe the axel is bent or just wondering if anyone would know about this. its only done 60,000 ks so nothing wrong with the engine. any help would be great cheers.

scottyboy

dont actually know what happened but its the front left and i dont think that it is the diff because it is only when i get to a little bit of a higher speed that the noise occurs. i might just have to get it checked out

Sounds to me like you hit soimething which caused the rim damage.

The noise sounds like the impact has "bruised" the bearing. The noise will get worse, and eventually your wheel will probably fall off....this will damage the rim again and you will need to buy a 6th one :)

i sort of agree with bard get your alignment bearings and other steering style stuff checked (cheaper than a new rim)

oh and its ok if you dont tell us about that curb you jumped ( i neglect to mention my motorsports "incidents" all the time)

Wheel bearing gone? Or on its way out?

If this is the case, eventually the wheel will sieze up and not rotate any more.

Pretty easy to replace, pull of wheel, take of the brake rotor, and replace them.

cheers car is going in for a service tomorrow so it will be fixed. i didnt say that i didnt hit a curb i just don't remember doing it. anyway was told by my mechanic the same thanks for the reply

cheers Scottyboy

ps i wasn't drunk as i don't drink. :P

hey was just teasin bout the curb hope it all works out well

i had problems with a vibration at 80-100 kph for ages that i couldnt find (mechanics/ wheel blokes/ suspension blokes either) finally went away when i replaced some stearing bushes when i installed the swaybars go figure

and lets not even go into motorsport "incidents"

luck aye

GWP

na its all sweet now the mechanics that i go to found it. it was just wheel Bearing, but they said that they called nissan in osbourne park and that it was going to cost me 400 dollars because i had to order the hub as well. Anyway they did some research for me and just found the bearing s under 100 dollars so its all good now run s like a charm cheers guys,

cheers scottyboy