SAU Community

Wakefield Park Track Day 16/9/03- all welcome (organised by OZ GTI-R Owners Club)

Beer Baron

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was a great day. Sorry for the people I didn't introduce myself too. I missed you fatz. Unfortunately early in the afternoon my oil feed to my turbo cracked :) So I had to hire a trailer, and a ute to tow it, plus I then had to go back to Goulburn to return them - total cost $400!!! bastards.

Anyway, I'll be back.

Richard

Speaking of pics. Does anyone have any pics of me? I know that I saw a couple of people taking shots when I was coming down the straight. Anyone? My friend Justin was taking some, but half the time he got the wrong GTI-R, and he only had a 1 megapixel camera :) BTW, mine was the black GTI-R with no plates front or back, driver with a blue helmet.

And yeah, it could have been worse but it sucks not being able to drive your car home, and until I fix it I have no way to get around. doh!

Richard

Originally posted by mmmgtir

Speaking of pics. Does anyone have any pics of me? I know that I saw a couple of people taking shots when I was coming down the straight. Anyone? My friend Justin was taking some, but half the time he got the wrong GTI-R, and he only had a 1 megapixel camera :) BTW, mine was the black GTI-R with no plates front or back, driver with a blue helmet.

And yeah, it could have been worse but it sucks not being able to drive your car home, and until I fix it I have no way to get around. doh!

Richard

oh yeah I forgot to add the other distinguishing features of my car are a frount mount and a sunroof.

Richard

Originally posted by fatz

yea the 180 didnt get of the power until he hit the grass

it was pretty funny (but he only had minimal damage)

richard i was only there for the last 3 hours m8

pete

Yeah, by then I was heading to goulburn to hire a car trailer and ute :)

Oh, well next time.

BTW is there anyone here who booked a place but didn't show (and didn't see Sam)?

Richard

hey boys, awesome day out!!

the damage isnt too bad, plus its a good excuse to get my vertex front bar that ive wanted for a while... its just the bumper and the front drivers guard thats damaged, no structual or mechanical damage....

the TVR is fine.. it was overheating, so after it visited the middle of the gravel trap, we threw it back on the trailer...

fatz, i didnt come off the throttle caus i thought i could hold the drift (that was before it snapped back on me that hard)... get any pics of it???

Originally posted by LISTEN 180SX

the damage isnt too bad, plus its a good excuse to get my vertex front bar that ive wanted for a while... its just the bumper and the front drivers guard thats damaged, no structual or mechanical damage....

fatz, i didnt come off the throttle caus i thought i could hold the drift (that was before it snapped back on me that hard)... get any pics of it???

lol, "hold the drift", that's what i figured, you've really got to be keeping it going to get all the way down to the pit wall !

Good to hear it won't be too expensive:)

• Latest Posts

• I am converting my r34 gtt intake from factory cross over to a front facing intake. eliminating all excessive front mount intercooler piping and traction control etc. I have acquired a nice intake for a non neo rb25det and a r33 throttle body with the same tps as my current neo setup. I have modified ,drilled, taped/made partial reduction flat plate and gaskets, and now the throttle body is mounted to the intake and I have acquired most other parts to do this swap. my one last concern is the fuel rail and injectors. the intake is for a rb25det non neo (r33) and from what I understand that uses side feed injectors, but the neo uses top feed injectors. I have heard mixed reviews from people some saying the neo fuel rail and injectors fit fine others saying simply a large O ring is needed and others saying it cant be done. can some one clarify if the neo stock fuel rail and injectors can be installed onto this intake, and if so what is needed. (the intake looks to be a greddy style front facing intake) thanks
    • If anyone is chasing a gearbox in Victoria. There's brand new r34 rb25det gearboxes being advertised for $3200 pickup from Mornington Nissan. I posted the ad on a different thread a while ago. Still see the same ad up. 
    • So when you say painted, do you mean sealed with something like rhino lining or line-x?
    • Lots of this, and in older cars, AC is generally controlled by the AC knobs and programming, and the ECU reacts to the load. Modern cars, the ECU controls kicking the AC on/off at the AC systems request so it can be prepared for the engagement/disengagement.