SAU Community

Gtr Vs Gtst Huge Difference In Performance?

Hey Guys,

Just Wondering if the Gtr is Really that much better than the GTST? Ive herd you can do the 25 to outrun the 26 which I dont believe but maybe their is a GOD out their! :) Some of you think this is a stupid question but I would just like to know other peoples thoughts! Who know's It may well be close to the GTR's performance! :)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always make an engine out do another engine, it all just depends how much money you want to spend. So yeah you can make a RB25 more powerfull than a RB26, you can also make a SR20 more powerfull than a RB26, it all just depends on money and what you are willing to put up with.

Putting the power to the ground.....well the GTR has that one over the GTST every day of the week.

Some of you think this is a stupid question...

Not stupid, but talked about on SAU before. You should be highly conscious of your driving style and what you demand out of a car, before you yourself, could answer which one is better for you.

32gtr vs 32gtst - worlds apart

33 or gtr vs 33 or 34 gtst/gtt - can make similar power, but gtr still has superior everything.

drifting your thing? the rear wheeler is for you.

the thing about owning a gtr is you can pretty much be smug in the fact that without much effort you can easily slaughter pretty much anything on the road including the exotics

Edited by Betz

this is an intresting question. i curently have 250rwk in my 33 gtst and i think would do quite well against a gtr with same power on a rolling run.

off the lights the gtst dosent stand a chance though

You're comparing chalk to cheese. GTR and GTST are very different cars.

GTR is always a better performer. Only exception is drifting :)

One plus for the GTST is that modding it is cheaper, but it'll always be trying to catch up with the GTR unless some big dollars go into it.

this is an intresting question. i curently have 250rwk in my 33 gtst and i think would do quite well against a gtr with same power on a rolling run.

off the lights the gtst dosent stand a chance though

the gtr is also going to be better if its wet, or anything that resembls a corner and even uneaven road surface.

Yeah nothing compares to a full on GTR launch...but I guarantee if you keep the ass of the gtst soft and spend some good money on tyres they'll hook up off the line just fine.

Problem I see with many gtst's is the owner. They pump $$ into horsepower then skimp on tyres, makes no sense at all.

R33GOD, u must be insane to think u could take on a gtr of similar power...

similar power isnt what allows u to win.. its how that power gets down and delivered that matters.. i ran a 230rwkw s14 when my gtr was only makin around 200awkw... we did both rolling and off the line

i slaughtered it. not just beat it.. i slaughtered it.

why?? probably because i had a shitload more torque than he did

u dont see same 1/4 figures from similarly powered vehicles either... i could easily reel off an 11sec pass... ud struggle to get 12s because of traction. even ur trap speed will be much lower...

2 completely different cars.

R33GOD, u must be insane to think u could take on a gtr of similar power...

similar power isnt what allows u to win.. its how that power gets down and delivered that matters.. i ran a 230rwkw s14 when my gtr was only makin around 200awkw... we did both rolling and off the line

i slaughtered it. not just beat it.. i slaughtered it.

why?? probably because i had a shitload more torque than he did

u dont see same 1/4 figures from similarly powered vehicles either... i could easily reel off an 11sec pass... ud struggle to get 12s because of traction. even ur trap speed will be much lower...

2 completely different cars.

off the lights the gtst dosent stand a chance though ^^^

i dont wheelspin on a rolling run :)

but u cant automatically assume the gtst isnt as good on the run. just dont understand... i have 630nm torque at the fly, and aren't the gtst's much lighter than a 33 gtr?

Edited by R33GOD

they are lighter... but so is a s14.. even lighter still and 630nm @ flywheel??? cool

ive got 813nm @ wheels

i think thou, the reason for the torque levels isnt so much the capacity, although it does play a lil part, its the amount of air the twins flow compared to ur one single... get me?? like could be similar PSI but in actual air volume, its greater on a twin.

thats all i can come up with

they are lighter... but so is a s14.. even lighter still and 630nm @ flywheel??? cool

ive got 813nm @ wheels

i think thou, the reason for the torque levels isnt so much the capacity, although it does play a lil part, its the amount of air the twins flow compared to ur one single... get me?? like could be similar PSI but in actual air volume, its greater on a twin.

thats all i can come up with

ok. are you running 250rwk though? cause i stated similiar power

i think we're gettin off topic

i think in almost any situation except driftin lol the gtr is far superior

it has better brakes, better handling, better tractabilty, greater potential, better seats lol

it all depends what u want from a car... ive always loved the gtr, but i never bought one earlier (got mine in august) because its not what i wanted yet... i had to give other cars a go first

p.s: sorry that 813 was when i made 287kw... @ around 250kw which is only 30kw less, id probably have over 700nm @ wheels

Edited by Bumblebee