SAU Community

Gtr Vs Gtst Huge Difference In Performance?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After getting sucked in to assisting in another GTR engine in job on a gtr yesterday I can confidently say,

A. I dont friggin like gtr's

B. I dont friggin want a gtr

C. I no longer even respect gtr's

Matter of fact if I got my shirt sleeve caught in the door of a gtr I would chew my arm off the get away from the pos.

Any body prepared to pay the price of pain involved in owning and working on a gtr is about as sane as a monkey on meth.

SO HOW COME I KEEP GETTING ROPED IN TO WORKING ON THE USELESS DAMN THINGS. :/:):)

just put a rb26 in my r34gtt its awsome couldent be happier put out 300.9rwkw at 16 psi and 850nm of torqe at the wheels goin 4 final tune in december on 1.5bar of boost hoping 4 450rwkw

I agree with Noel and PM-R33. They are a pain in the ass to work on most of the time. One of the reasons the cars are expensive to maintain is that to keep your sanity you have to pay someone else to do the hard stuff.

+1 on developing mania from working on GTR's, I am about as ham fisted as they come too. I sure as hell hope the rewarding feeling from doing all the work yourself is frickin' worth it... like 1000 orgasms all at once!

its only hard to work on if u havent worked on any euro car... im a mechanic by trade... gtrs arent that hard to work on at all... i put my motor in n had it running in about 5hrs... without any cuts or bruises.. :)

euro cars on the other hand.. like bmw.. or a merc.. ever taken a motor out of them??? especially a 6cyl+???

if u havent.. then stfu.. gtrs r a piece of cake by comparison... BUT rb20s r even easier hahah :bunny:

• 8 months later...
its only hard to work on if u havent worked on any euro car... im a mechanic by trade... gtrs arent that hard to work on at all... i put my motor in n had it running in about 5hrs... without any cuts or bruises.. :P

euro cars on the other hand.. like bmw.. or a merc.. ever taken a motor out of them??? especially a 6cyl+???

if u havent.. then stfu.. gtrs r a piece of cake by comparison... BUT rb20s r even easier hahah :D

Totally agree, I work on euro trash everyday and when i work on my car or a friends jap car its a real pleasure :P .

Thats an experience that wont be forgotten, ever.

Do it properly though, get a quick GTR (300+kw atw), 7500rpm, first selected, step off clutch, be ready to slam second, look at passengers face its always mushed into the seat cause they're not expecting what just happened

haha

I havent tried a launch yet.

must do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

although Im a little worried about leaking injectors....... awaiting new Orings'nseals