SAU Community

Pedals

Yeah, the person who had a go at fitting mine started to cut away the cross-hatching, but only near the top next to the safety clip, then they stopped. If you removed ALL the cross-hatching, wouldn't that weaken the pedal significantly? It's only plastic.

It doesn't weaken it as there is a full metal backing on the actual pedal, the plastic cover is quite strong.

All you have to do is cut enough of it away so that the cover sits around the actual pedal.

Here's the pedal and the plate you have to clear;

pedaloffbh7.jpg

Here is the back of mine, not pretty but you can't see it from the front.

reverseia5.jpg

pedalqz3.jpg

Here it is installed

installedoa9.jpg

The pedal is still strong, it doesn't move or slip at all and has made all the difference for me anyway. Just have a stab at it, the worst that can happen is you put the old one back on. :D

Great! Thanks for the photos. One more question - is there a clip holding the original pedal on? and can I reuse it? Because I see that you have something like a top part of the clip that I didn't get from UAS. I just got one piece of pedal (unless it's gone missing, but I never saw it in the little baggy before it was opened).

Great! Thanks for the photos. One more question - is there a clip holding the original pedal on? and can I reuse it? Because I see that you have something like a top part of the clip that I didn't get from UAS. I just got one piece of pedal (unless it's gone missing, but I never saw it in the little baggy before it was opened).

The original has a C clip that clips around the top of the pedal with a saftey that then wraps around behind the metal down rod. The UAS has the exact same clip and as far as I can tell they're not resuable. Both the original and the UAS is a single unit with the clip moulded into it.

Dont laugh this is serious...

If you are having trouble getting "traction" on your standard pedals go to Bunnings and buy yourself some really coarse sand paper (at least 40 grit) cut it to the shape of your pedals and stick it on with some seriously sticky glue.

The change of grip is certainly noticable! - Cheap easy and effective, great mod :D

Skateboard grip stuff is like that, but self adhesive, hence easier. Just keep rubber ones in your car incase you get pulled over lol. That's what I plan on doing anyway. I stole the idea from autosalon magazine lol.

Damn, mine never came with it's own safety clip :stupid: Will have to ask UAS, cos I might have to get TWO clips (one for this new pedal and one to go back to stock just in case).