SAU Community

Superlap - 5th July - Oran Park

evil_weevil

Noice!

They are allowed aren't they Wayne?

Hey wayne - what do you use for tow hooks and 2nd bonnet restraint?

My CF bonet has pins, but your std setup has a built in 2 stage release (cabin lever/cable and release lever at front), same rules as supersprints.

I have a fixed front tow strap and use the stock tow points on the rear so should be good to go. And yes mate those tyres are sweet as. :stupid:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Wayne!

Thats what I was thinking also - but I'll get a belt just in case for the secondry!

I'll see you tomorrow mate!

p.s. you were up early today, early golf lesson??

you missed Ryan, Corinne!!

Adam, I spoke to Nathan and he wasnt 100% - he said bring a belt just in case I dont pass without it.

So we have...

Ryan, Wayne, myself, Greg, Sydneykid and son of sydney kid.....anyone else from SAU NSW?

Gary and Matt have had to withdraw I think, car still not going OK.

But John and Paul are also club members so its a great showing.

Also some great news for club members - we have obtained one of the corporate areas above the pits for the day. Bring your member card and enjoy the warmth and good views :)

But John and Paul are also club members so its a great showing.

Also some great news for club members - we have obtained one of the corporate areas above the pits for the day. Bring your member card and enjoy the warmth and good views :)

hope we can do you guys proud...go SAU

:)

Dave and Paul

Red R Racing

Edited by blitzxtr

absolutely, up to 2 guests per member. And of course new memberships can be organised on the day.

should be nice to stay out of the cold for the day (those that made it to wakefield the other week will know what I mean :) )

What...no Sydneykid?...

Crown forklifts must have wanted their engine back :)

We are 9/10's there...ive just got to tune the car at 2pm this afternoon and we are done

Edited by DiRTgarage

Was a great outing. Some photos up of the 35 but also got some of lots of GT-R's and that widebody GTS-T that got up on two wheels.

Paul was this you driving?

superlap2008-23.jpg

Cold Tires?

Got a few more of you I think i'll look around.

First Gallery @ http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/2008/07/0...hoto-gal?blog=4

Ill upload a lot more soon.

No Luke driving...this is at the end of the straight on his 1st lap...catch can full already and plumbed back into the inlet to keep it road legal. As Luke backed off oil sprayed back out the inlet through the AFM's resulting in the car stalling mid corner. Luke did very well to keep the car off the tyre barrier and on its wheels. We cleaned it up and removed the plumbing to the inlet, used a vented 1 litre water bottle as a catch can over flow, restricted the car to a 7000rpm limit and 16psi of boost to try and keep the car out there. His next session saw only 2 hot laps before bottle was full and spraying oil through the engine bay. To manage a best time of 1.18.5 was a massive achievement considering how de-tuned the car was and lack of track time.

Edited by DiRTgarage

dave, i'm running a T518Z on the silvia. great turbo for the SR20. very responsive and making 235kw atw. yeah more boost would be awesome, but the little ol SR would go POP I think!