SAU Community

Your Very First Car

TE gemini. had a 2lt out of a rodeo and it loved its lock diff. shattered when it was stolen and torched earlier this year. Had my 33 for about a year and still love driving it

Matt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st "proper" car is the current R33.

B4 that, I used to drive my mum's old 91 VN with a leaking exhaust pipe & you get drugged by the smell just driving it (probably killed a bunch of my brain cells in the time I owned it :) eehhh... whats 1+1?) , when my parents bought the Camry.

my 33 is my first car

i get my thrill taking it around the yarra boulevard

not drifting or anything just going through the corners

i tried to drive Dads Astra convertible FWD through once and then it made me really appreciate the handling of the line. i just love it.

That and driving past reflective shop windows and getting a glimpse of the car

Nah i agree with them. You can't appreciate why so many people stare at your car until you look into a shop window and see how f**king sexy you look.

Hot damn!!1!!1

First car was an R34.. If you start up the top you cant lose.

True, but you also have less options without going backwards.. :worship: My current concern.. hehe

Mine was an N14 Q SR20.. i miss that car.. it took PUNISHMENT for 7 years and was still strong as a rock when i sold it. I would still have the R34 over it any day tho.. :)

Canary yellow VH Commodore with a 202 on LPG. It couldn't pull the skin of a custard but christ it was cheap and never let me down. It inspired me to recently buy a SLE 253 on LPG for when 32 goes off the road or I need to fit more than a sandle in the car.

Canary yellow VH Commodore with a 202 on LPG. It couldn't pull the skin of a custard but christ it was cheap and never let me down. It inspired me to recently buy a SLE 253 on LPG for when 32 goes off the road or I need to fit more than a sandle in the car.

Takes me back,

My first was a white VH SL/X. couldnt afford the SLE! had a 253 blue motor and i saved up for a set of simmons for it. they were 16x8 V5's in Gold! It got stolen/ recovered with no simmons, no headlight/taillights, no bumpers, ripped seats, dented panels, smashed glass etc! Thank goodness for insurance! They paid me out $4800! Which started me on my next car!

My first car is a White 1983 Nissan Bluebird - It was given to me (used to be my mum's) - I still drive it till today as my daily. Stock as a roc It is bullet proof - never had a problem with it, just a few rust spots :( but mechanically A1 and pretty good over all. When the engine finally dies (which could be when the world's petrol finally runs out hehehe), i'll consider doing an sr20 conversion

The r34 which i bought is for "occasions", Fridays and when going out to the twisties. I love the comments i get for it like:

-nice car

-are you a drug dealer?

etc....

my first car was a 1982 GJ Sigma.We worked the 2.6 with big cam n head work n all the shit was the best car ay.Turned the idle down to have the big lumpy sound and it was awesome.Then i put n evo engine in it f**kin thing was an animal.3 weeks after that it got stolen so yeh.Then i got another sigma which is now a project car,then had a turbo gsr lancer and now my gtr.The sigma was so much more fun than any car ive had becos you just wouldnt expect to have your arse handed to you by a sigma

post-39099-1215496992_thumb.jpg

post-39099-1215497190_thumb.jpg

post-39099-1215497411_thumb.jpg

post-39099-1215497489_thumb.jpg

post-39099-1215497608_thumb.jpg

post-39099-1215497936_thumb.jpg

post-39099-1215498510_thumb.jpg

My first car was a VL. First week I had it I put some HeKTiK chromies on it, and it was pinched two days later. They even stole my bobble-head bulldog :D

My first sportscar was a 98 MX5. Hairdressers car, but f**k it handled well. Made me really appreciate the characteristics of an excellent handling car, and has influenced me ever since.

Now I have a GTR. First supercar? Looks like it :(

first car... dato 240 sx... used primarily s paddock basher and short distance transport as everyone around now it was mine.. I was 12 yrs old and growing up on a large property. local cops, we had 3 depending on time of year. Used to run to the shops per family marching orders and no one ever minded. I didn't drive like a twat on the roads and there were plenty much older that did. good times.

After that an SL torrana when turning 16.. rebuilt / restored the entire car myself + father as a learning / work with the old man deal. Basically no one expected it to work out.. just get molested by me and turned into my next basher... instead, old man built me / helped me build depending on point of view >:) a 308 (he paid for it all)... swapped out front disc's for much larger brakes and calipers + swapped out rear drums for disks of equiv size of fronts. lsd, stiffer but supposedly lighter springs.. (i couldn't feel the difference carrying the heavy bastards back then). The entire suspension was new, the drive line got an upgrade. The box got yanked, no more column shift auto thankyou and many a edit later a stick shift 4sp.. The old man dumped a stupidly large LPG tank in the boot which basically ate most of the boot space. Like half so you got this rounded edge tank coming just past the hinge shelving etc.. had it till almost 18.. had been driving it on and off at various stages but had been registered 8ish months since last level of completion... had some savagely large 4 barrel carbs + 350 holy and some unusual pump setup put on and jungle dyno tuned. Uncle borrows what tantamount to a family member at this point for a special occasion (excuse to drive) and on the way home drives drunk nearly killing them both. hit's the only tree 100m off the road going through a barbed fence... tree hit practically dead center, pushed the motor back 10+ cm (hard hit obviously) and being the 72 model it was they were dammed lucky...

engine went down a fair bit to so lucky they still had legs.. they both hit a solid metal dash with not much but a bit of 10mm thick foam (if lucky) with some vinyl upholstery over it... she was permanently disfigured face.. scar etc.. he cought a massive headache and a broken nose... (nose injury received post accident *** he's my dad's brother). The replacement was a 3/4 rusted sl with what was left usable from the original car swapped over... to start over with.. I basically only kept the chromies it had on it as they were the ol man's pride and joy from another car of his... I drove the car back to his backyard to rust the rest of it's way to death there.

RIP my marone torry.