Your Very First Car

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st car: 1990 Toyota Seca -- handed down to me by my mummy

1st car I had bought: 1992 Honda Prelude. I miss that car sometimes, coz i spent so much money on it...now it's just sitting on my front lawn, rotting away...oh well...

My first car was one I didn't even ask for or want, an old HZ Kingswood. No PS and a lethargic holden 6 in a car that weighed about as much as a house, no thanks. My first proper car was a KE55 corolla. f**k did I have the most fun in it. That car + dirt roads taught me so much about driving and car control. First decent car was my AE86. Spent quite a bit of money on it and it was still a shitbox but I loved it.

Mint ice blue over white '86 ET Pulsar. Highflowed turbo. Was in immaculate condition the guy had built it up from a shell with heaps of brand new genuine parts.

Was devestated friday night finished work in tullamarine on way back home across the bolte onto the westgate freeway pulled up behind an accident and a falcon changed into the same lane braking from 100km/h - hit me at about 80km. Crushed the poor little tin can.

Got another one after that but was just not the same - still did everything to it - wired in a Microtech LT-8, s14 200sx T28 on 18psi, rx7 i/c etc etc - quick little bastard.

Then decided I needed something a little faster from the factory...

an r31 gets me in trouble with the police and gets me places i never expected and still have it only been driving year n a half now to add a vl bush basher what more can u say striped and unbolted everything not needed auto but spins any gear

First car i drove on my P's was dad's VS commie. I mostly pottered around in it, but it had many an egg and waterbomb thrown from the window when it was filled with mates. Got pulled over, searched and fined for doing that :D

Even better was taking mum's car out, a shit AE92 Corolla. Thrashed it, double clutched it in every gear, drifted on dirt roads, never changed the oil etc etc. Loves to be a little b*tch.

We did bin runs in it too. Me and the boys would find residential streets with all their bins lined out the front and someone in the back would lean out the car and roll it alongside. I'd hit about 40-50km's, with the bin bouncing and rattling, then we'd let it go and all turn back to see it launch over a gutter and spray garbage all over the street and into people's front yards. Those were the days :D

That Corolla was where i had many a small minded chick in the back too. Plenty of sex stains are still on the upholstery, they're like my trophies :)

But the first car i bought was my R33. Haha that's when things got really crazy. The speeds i've done in it are just ridiculous, so is the attention i get. I'm more familiar with the police now and the back seat has stains too, but the material is darker so it's hard to see. You have to smell it ;)

Edited by R338OY

Guest trikdoutvl

had 6 vls

1.vl na 3ltr

2.vl na 3 ltr

3. vl manual 5 speed

4. vl calais rb20det

5. vl berlina 3ltr turbo 270bhp

6. is number 3 vl with number 4 vls motor

LOL i love vls n nissan motors

First car was an XF Fairmont Ghia. Its a right of passage to own a XF or a VL when you're Lebanese, Lol. Obviously it doesn't compare to the GTR... apart from being the same colour and drinking lots of petrol.

I've had 16 cars.

the first was an 84 cordia turbo

the one that bought the biggest smile to my face was number 7.

1992 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo with a diff back exhaust. - nothing special, but I'd been a boxer fan from the first time I saw the 1994 WRC BLUE BAT 555 wrx.

I bought the liberty in 2002.

the sound from that exhaust... The smile could not be wiped from my face for months.

then I got the whole exhaust done in a 3 inch pipe with a hiflow cat and single muffler in the rear.

it was loud, it was deep, it was awesome.

then few cars on came car number 10.

1994 S14 200sx. that was the fastest and neatest car I've owned.

since that was stolen, every car I've had since just doesn't do what cars used to do for me.

good times.. good times.

I've had 16 cars.

the first was an 84 cordia turbo

the one that bought the biggest smile to my face was number 7.

1992 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo with a diff back exhaust. - nothing special, but I'd been a boxer fan from the first time I saw the 1994 WRC BLUE BAT 555 wrx.

I bought the liberty in 2002.

the sound from that exhaust... The smile could not be wiped from my face for months.

then I got the whole exhaust done in a 3 inch pipe with a hiflow cat and single muffler in the rear.

it was loud, it was deep, it was awesome.

then few cars on came car number 10.

1994 S14 200sx. that was the fastest and neatest car I've owned.

since that was stolen, every car I've had since just doesn't do what cars used to do for me.

good times.. good times.

That's a point! Your own built-in sound system !! Alfas have had a reputation for that (in a different-throated way of course) !

FC3S RX-7 (13B Turbo 5sp) was my first, and still my favourite. Miss that car, even though it could tend to be a pain in the ass.

That was my second car. love the shape, hate the rest of it to this day. i bought a non turbo "sport" the engine lasted a year, then i got it converted to turbo, then maintenence. It cost me 20k on top of the 8.8k purchase price by the time i sold it 4 years later. On the plus side i had to get fairly handy with the tools in that time

1st car was an 81 sigma, 4 shades of red, beautiful tan velour interior, 2L 5 speed. i rebuilt the engine in the garage with my dad when i was 17. It was a good car for most of it's life, but the last rego cost me 1600 by the time i got tyres and shocks for it and i could only sell it for 1k.

3rd car was the r32gtst. bugger all maintenence costs in the near on 6 years i've owned it, almost all money spent has been mods (well up until this last year since track work has started to take it's toll). Best car i've owned. It'd still be a 160rwkw stock turboed street car if it hadn't spat the turbine. It was a fun (dangerous) thing to drive back then with knackered teins and a set of caster rods....

1st car: '87 31 GX Skyline - Parents bought it as my 17th birthday prezzie. Paid $3000 sold for $3500

'88 31 Silhouette - Dad bought it as a run-about, I nicked it for 6 months after I sold the above. Paid $1900 sold $2700

'89 31 Pintara - RB20DET. Paid $3500, Sold $4000

'88 31 Silhouette GTS - GTS1 Paid $4000 (not gunna sell)

'90 31 GXE Paid $200, probably spent about $2500 (paint, wheels + maintainance)... on the road v. soon.

First car was a 1986 R31 skyline wagon.

Loved it lol. The only reason I got rid of it was because it was rust-f**ked, otherwise I'd probably still have it.

Swapped it for a 1984 z31 300zx, made a list of all the problems, lets just say it needs a lot of time and about 2k to make it a decent car. Which, considering that a turbo conversion & manual conversion are included in that number, isn't too bad I guess. The problem is, I need a car that'll actually work without me throwing any money at it for when I get a job, and I'll also need it sooner rather than later so I can't afford to keep it, just don't have the time or money. So, I'm probably going to swap it with a mates manual VN sometime soon. If I end up doing that, the VN will be the first car that I'll actually try not to modify lol.

I'll definately grab another z31 and/or r31 some time down the track though, 31 love :D

still driving my 1st car.

but it was defiently alot more fun jumping in it for the 1st time then to experience the turbo kicking in at 20psi =D