SAU Community

Skyline 'withdrawal'

Interested In Your Opinion: Have you ever suffered from the condition, "SKYLINE WITHDRAWAL?".

What's it like when your car is off the road for a week? Or do the feelings inside only come on after 2 weeks - maybe even 2 days??

Edited by Terry_GT-R34

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my old car was off the road for 5 MONTHS last year after it was side swiped by a ute!

i have to tell you, it was hell! i hate public transport!!! and my mates were getting pretty sick of picking me up on the weekends.

my car was off for 3 months

every time i saw another skyline i felt like punching a wall and picking up chicks in the "Mum-Mobile" was just embarrassing

lost my license when I had my R33 and the 6 months just watching it sit in the garage was torture.

I have a company car now and it just makes you appreciate every time you get behind the wheel

my 32 has only been off the road for a month, and i'v been driving my mums wagon around.

i was driving along the freeway when a 32 punched it straight past me..i just missed not being in mine to be able to catch up to it and follow.

mines been off the road for only 4 days and i already miss it, every time i see one pass me in my crappy van i cry a little on the inside.

ive also started making the pssshh sound on gear changes. its just not the same.

mine was close to 12 months off the rd..... with a week or two here and there... :laugh:

had to buy the 200zr to run around in as I was killing the integra I was borrowing !! lol

First 3 months were bad.... rest was ok.... the last week absolutely killed me as the engine was built/finished & sitting NEXT to the engine bay in the garage... !

mines been off the road for only 4 days and i already miss it, every time i see one pass me in my crappy van i cry a little on the inside.

ive also started making the pssshh sound on gear changes. its just not the same.

You're not alone ! One of the owners of Top Secret Imports here in Blacktown NSW had a leaking oil pump (R34 GTR) > Temp went thru the roof > spun a bearing > broke conrods > nearly broke the block. Off the road a month so far and each week, emotions aren't getting any better...

Adds another dimension to BANG FOR YOUR BUCKS eh what ?

Yes not a good feeling... i sold my R32 as had I have kept it an engine rebuild would have been on the to do list.. plan was to buy an R32 GTR...2 years later still no line....! Financial hardships due to homeloan keeping me broke.As well as a baby that entered this world...However there is light at the end of the tunnel..House has been on the market for some time....Hopefully a buyer talking my kind of dollars will come real soon..Cheaper smaller house + Skyline GTR = Happy me

mine was close to 12 months off the rd..... with a week or two here and there... :P

had to buy the 200zr to run around in as I was killing the integra I was borrowing !! lol

First 3 months were bad.... rest was ok.... the last week absolutely killed me as the engine was built/finished & sitting NEXT to the engine bay in the garage... !

I hear ya sister :D

Beat you all............... 16 months :D

Get it back this weekend :whistling:

Tell all about how it is when you get it back.