SAU Community

Skyline 'withdrawal'

Cant wait to go snowboarding for two weeks in NZ end of August, one problem though I cant take my Skyline with me. I'll be Mr Envy seeing all the hot NZ Skylines while driving my rental Lancer :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been 3 days now..

My car is a mostly a weekend car, it's probably the fact that I can't drive my line (operation) that's getting me.. Im in Sydney atm and I see all the cars getting round.. It really sucks when they look at you in daddie's car with a smirk on their face!

i hate when i get out of it and when i know im on my way towards the car i get a big smile

havent had a day where i havent driven (well there was 3 days cos my ankle)

the day i drove when i sprained my ankle and it was huge and swallen

all i got to say is f**ked ankle + heavy clutch = me crying and not wanting to change gears

i cant imagine what it would be like to not have for a few weeks

I hear ya sister :D

Tell all about how it is when you get it back.

This weekend has turned into Monday/Tuesday :)

Well i have "essentially" been without it for 16 months another 4 days wont matter. I say "essentially" because all was finished after 12-13 months drove it for 20km, then found a pin-hole in the block, drove it for 200km (rb30det is an awesome package), now it has been rebuilt again.

Had my 32 off the road for the first 2 months of this year getting a spray job and that was absolute torture for me driving around in my gf's auto astra. Everyone who hopped in the car with me thought i was goin crazy....kept making ppppssssttt noises as i changed the gears lol

Feel sorry for you guys who have had to go longer without your line....must be absolute torture!!!

• 2 months later...

Had mine in the panel shop for 2 month when I had the "RAV4" incident...

& this was just before the mid breaks of uni, was pretty much stranded at home for the whole 6weeks of the holiday + taking public transport to uni = 1+hr gay trip.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Hit a kangaroo in mine not long ago was in the shop for 2 months. I had to drive mums 1.2 barina the entire time. I was going mental. Took me an extra 30mins to get to work because i couldn't overtake any of the semis going through the mountains. When I got it back it was one of the best days ever ;) Skyline Withdrawals most definetly. I also did the pshhhht thing on gear changes.

Broke the pivot bolt in the clutch 3 weeks ago. I'm not in a good mood and havent been since it happened. I'm going to jack it up now and start the task of removing the box. Knowing it'll be back on the road as soon as I fix this 1 bolt is helping keep me sane, but its a bum of a job to do on jackstands. Hopefully I wont be lineless for long......

• 3 weeks later...

:P Terry you dont know the half of withdrawals, but getting stuff ready now for "project put me skyline back together now cos iam getting itchy and dont like sitting on my hands". :D

do it! :yes:

Ok here's a different twist on the topic.

I owned a stagea s2 rs4 for 2 years, sold it in april this year. But only 3 months later I really missed it (had bought a '98 pulsar sss - very reliable but otherwise very basic and pretty crap).

So early August I decided to import another one. After looking around at more series 2's in japan auctions, a very cheap M35 came up in pretty good condition. Long story short, we bought it, ...fastforward 2 months...its now at the compliancer and I'm due to pick it up in a few days time.

Filling in the blanks, we sold the pulsar 2.5 months ago, about the same time we bought the new stagea at auction, and have been driving an EF ford falcon wagon on gas since (borrowed from my parents). I'm VERY grateful for having a car to borrow but at the same time its been a loooooooong 2.5 months.

I thought I was a very patient person until I imported a car. My goodness its hard!! I'm sure I'll forget all about it after my first drive in the new stagea, but a note to anyone looking at importing a car...make sure you have a nice reliable car to drive in the meantime that you're happy with. :)

Agreed on above, my import and compliance time was around 7or 8months approx.

A friend's mechanic has predicted for every hour on the road it will spend 1/2hour getting fixed, I'm working on proving him wrong after I get my clutch rebuilt and maybe the transfer case, lol.

:bunny: Terry you dont know the half of withdrawals, but getting stuff ready now for "project put me skyline back together now cos iam getting itchy and dont like sitting on my hands". :(

do it! :yes:

"Skyline Bug" adds a whole new meaning to "Travel Bug" :(

Took my car in for a possible blown head gasket, turned out to be a crack in the block. Great.

So who knows how long it'll be.......Rebuild to follow. Not getting used to not having it. Yet.