SAU Community

Skyline 'withdrawal'

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I ve been away from my car for 2months.Feels like a punisment or something.I look at cars on the net and I GO i wish i could drive my r33!!!!!.Its just sittin in front of my house.Well nxt month I;ll be in it for 2weeks cuz of vacation^^

• 3 weeks later...
Man I ve been away from my car for 2months.Feels like a punisment or something.I look at cars on the net and I GO i wish i could drive my r33!!!!!.Its just sittin in front of my house.Well nxt month I;ll be in it for 2weeks cuz of vacation^^

Trouble is...

When I get mine back, I suffer from Syline 'addiction' :D

ok were to start.

i owned a R31 skyline for 4 year and got rid of her 4 months ago. it was about a mounth after she had gone and i hadn't driven that it started.

i wrecked her to pay of a loan and buy my project car a 4dr R32.

i then decided i was going to buy my dads camery.

how ever one day as i was sitting in the 32 and i saw a 33 at a servo i decided to buy another 32 as a daily this how ever did not happen and i now have a 03 camery sportivo auto 4cy.

there are days when i've seen other car even a stock r33 at the servo and thought dam mate ill swap you the camery for the skyline.

i love jumping in to the 32 with it's m-spec seats which hug you and you feel like you belong there, were as in the camery it fiels like space and handles like $#%^.

so im going to wait two years get the project under way and pay of the camery and buy a GTR.

Mine was recently of the road for 12 weeks..

it was absolute torture i was driving around in a little 94 lancer 1.6 carby powered auto.. i would nearly scream n cry when i seen another line.

but now i get a huge grin everytime i walk up to her to go for a drive and i appreciate her that much more..

• 2 weeks later...

My skyline went into the shop for a service/tune/intercooler fitting yesterday and wont be ready until monday :P Have been driving my little capri around (my mum normally drives it). I have completely forgotten what it is like to have "power". I think I will appreciate it a lot more when I get her back. Its only been 24 hours, I don't know if I can take it any more!

My skyline went into the shop for a service/tune/intercooler fitting yesterday and wont be ready until monday :P Have been driving my little capri around (my mum normally drives it). I have completely forgotten what it is like to have "power". I think I will appreciate it a lot more when I get her back. Its only been 24 hours, I don't know if I can take it any more!

lol.. what happens when you take it in for a turbo swap or..... rebuild lol

My GTR is currently in the shop... has been for 2 weeks now. Probably another 2 weeks too... it's killing me really. I hate seeing other skylines around. Saw a nice tuned up 32 GTR the other day envied it like hell. Oh well, it's coming back over 300kw so hopefully that keeps me entertained for a while :P

Sony PS II is no substitute either eh?

Antidepressants? NO

Alcohol? NO

Sleep? NO

Watching DVDs of your own car thru the track or twisties? HMMMM

Playing with your Pet? MAYBE

Romance & Sex? WELL...

lol.. what happens when you take it in for a turbo swap or..... rebuild lol

Ok, so maybe I went a little overboard in my last comment lol. I think I meant to say, "I now remember what its like to have no power at all". My capri is such a slug, but its pretty hard to get caught speeding in it which is a bonus.

Pop quiz: When I get my car back on monday, will the new front mount intercooler be much louder/ make more induction noise than the standard side mount? I'm trying to keep things looking/ sounding as stock as possible. Might even paint the cooler black or something to remove the bling factor?

My GTR is currently in the shop... has been for 2 weeks now. Probably another 2 weeks too... it's killing me really. I hate seeing other skylines around. Saw a nice tuned up 32 GTR the other day envied it like hell. Oh well, it's coming back over 300kw so hopefully that keeps me entertained for a while :P

It's all about the "net gain" huh? Thats the way we have to approach these hurdles I think

Sony PS II is no substitute either eh?

Antidepressants? NO

Alcohol? NO

Sleep? NO

Watching DVDs of your own car thru the track or twisties? HMMMM

Playing with your Pet? MAYBE

Romance & Sex? WELL...

All of the above, my friend. Haha.

My car is in the middle of a rebuild at the moment & I have been driving this Nissan navara ute.

Miss the power, But this ute is heaps of fun in the wet and weve been getting plenty up here lately!

I have had a different problem - two R33 Skylines in the shed and me lying in bed for weeks with a stuffed back - now that is torture.

Then when I finally can walk again I can only drive the GTS-T because my back cannot cope with the hard ride of the GTR.

I have had a different problem - two R33 Skylines in the shed and me lying in bed for weeks with a stuffed back - now that is torture.

Then when I finally can walk again I can only drive the GTS-T because my back cannot cope with the hard ride of the GTR.

Ouch!

The irony is though, that the shape of the GT-R seats are in fact better for your back, especially thru' twisties. It's just the bumps I know. Is it a V-Spec susp'n? Will your back recover over time? Getting the right treatment? Do you want a loan of standard springs on your GT-R in case you have a V-Spec?

Tez

Two and a half year since the 32 came off the road for the planned overhaul. Who knew I'd be so out of funds shortly afterwards? Grrrr....

Absolutely zero thoughts of selling her, and when she's finished, it will all be done 100%, no compromise!