SAU Community

Skyline 'withdrawal'

Tez

I have good days and bad days but I am on the road to recovery. I put R33 GTR seats in the GTS-T when I first hurt my back and they do make a big difference. The GTR is a V-Spec and she does ride reasonably hard.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tez

I have good days and bad days but I am on the road to recovery. I put R33 GTR seats in the GTS-T when I first hurt my back and they do make a big difference. The GTR is a V-Spec and she does ride reasonably hard.

'V'

Glad to hear about the "recovery" part

Tez

• 1 year later...

wow, after reading everything here, i can relate to it so close. I make the PTSHH sounds diving around. I miss the power, I miss pulling up at lights, I miss going to parties, ah god its all too much....

Withrawals are getting pretty bad now. At least its a good feeling knowing your line is coming back with probs 200 more pony's to play with, and a couple of more gizmoes!

Its good to know im not the only person who thinks of there car in the same way lol.

I have my 32 GT-R sitting at my friend house coz i have no space at home for it. And the worse thing bout it that i'm still trying to get my license,

i've only driven it 4 times on my L's.

I have my 32 GT-R sitting at my friend house coz i have no space at home for it. And the worse thing bout it that i'm still trying to get my license,

i've only driven it 4 times on my L's.

On a positive note, at least it's not depreciating like most other cars :D

lost my lincense for a year and so started modding it, finshed the eingine mods I had planned after 6mnths so now I have to sit there looking at the car not even being to try the car out thats the hardest part and yeah it sucks when you are on public transport seeing a skyline fly past ,3 more months to go.

• 1 year later...

It'll have been exactly 6 months since my accident (big rear-ender into my car) Wednesday next week. I still haven't gotten the car back, but it's getting close.

I've been driving my little N14 SSS daily since, but it's not quite the same with 80fwkw compared to the ol' 183rwkw R34 GTT.

In the meantime I've been gathering various parts - oil cooler, bigger radiator, swaybars, various nismo parts (speedo cluster, short-shifter, wheel nuts), etc. Gotta do something whilst I wait for it come back to keep my skyline-love alive.

6 months (April) since the Rb25 popped ringlands in my stagea, been off road & vehicle-less pretty much since. Ready for pickup end next week apparently. Looking forward to running in the new forgie & getting it back for her power tune.

I'm going through it now. >_<

how long have you been without?

mine has been off the road 2 years this month. hoping to have it up and running by Feb.

hang in there Tez :thumbsup:

Fatz - that sounds about right - we have four Skylines and that way there is always at least one or two going while the other ones are undergoing a build phase or upgrades or repairs.

Problem solved :banana: