SAU Community

Inconsistent Revs (rarely)

morbsy

hey,

I've noticed something strange with my car, sometimes when i'm idling at the lights or in a carpark or something it usually sits on about 800RPM, and it randomly spikes to about 2000, and back down, up, down, up,down, until i give it a bit of gas. now it doesnt do it all the time, its not when its cold either it can be anytime.

this ever happend to anyone else? and would a service + tune fix this, hopefully its not too expensive

thanks

if the wire is broken then the car wont rev past 2k...It can be caused by a slight vacuum leak, which is unlikely, try cleaning your AFM, if its a new AFM the oil from the filter may be stuck to the wire in your afm. Dont touch the wire by any means, just clean with electrical contact clean as mentioned above.

i had the same problem as you mate.....cleaning out my afm, washing the pod and re oiling it worked a treat.....try that.....if that doesnt work then something else is ur issue.....good luck bro

Yeah i also had the same problem, like these guys after cleaning the AFM with elec contact cleaner and cleaning the aac valve the problem went away :)

get electrical contact cleaner

and clean the air flow meter

:)

my brothers 32 has the same problem where do you buy electrical contact cleaner from?