SAU Community

Power Fc

PREISS

Im heading to regency.

I took out my PowerFC. installed a standard ECU which I picked up from someone here.

I was told you can install the standard ecu and the car will run fine. regardless if you were running a powerFC before.

However the car wont boost. its running very very rough. little pops and all sorts of bullshit.

friend thinks its teh fuel mapping. but wouldnt that be part of this ECU?>

Im guessing ive bought a faulty ECU, or some other little prob that just wants to piss me off even more. :(

i was also under the impression that running a standard ecu after FC was O.k.???

put the fc back in, see what it does? if it runs ok, just hide the hand controller, thats what my mate did for regency, all good.

well seems I was informed wrong.

car has

HKS afm, blitz FMIC, oil cooler, greddy EBC 14 psi. exhaust and a couple little things.

put the PowerFC back in and it runs fine.

well looks like im going to un-screw the powerFC casing and put the standard casing over it. Im pretty sure regency wouldnt take the casing apart and rip my kick panels out etc.

just unplug the hand controller.

yeah been thru there 2 times before. never been tested for emissions. heard it cost them alot to do for some reason ?

Ill just go there act dumb. say what I have to and suck up.

never been tested for exhaust either. but this car is alittle louder than previous rides.

I heard you can spot weld a silencer of some sort and have it removed after?

your mate hide his controller ? why didnt he just unplug it ? doesnt need the controller plugged in to run does it ?

When you remove the stock ECU, after a period of time without power doesnt it loose its tables? And when you re-install it, you need to let it idle for a period of time, turn rear demistor on, let it idle, turn air con on, let it idle - to give it a base map. Would following this procedure help the stock ECU run a bit better?

be careful if you pull the hand controller out coz it stuffed my mates map's up for a while

and then when u plug it back in it goes all wierd for ages

i would do the best to hide it up under the dash and tape the wire around one of the looms and try to hide it as best as possible.

but make sure that regency cant see it

they wont pull panels out though

thats wat i thought..

but i guess not?? might be safer using the stock ecu case on the pfc! as a few ppl have stated! thats wat im gonna do! and just keep the HC in the glove box! and pull it out on thrash days!

Edited by rad33

well seems I was informed wrong.

car has

HKS afm, blitz FMIC, oil cooler, greddy EBC 14 psi. exhaust and a couple little things.

put the PowerFC back in and it runs fine.

well looks like im going to un-screw the powerFC casing and put the standard casing over it. Im pretty sure regency wouldnt take the casing apart and rip my kick panels out etc.

just unplug the hand controller.

see above..........that's why it won't handle the stock ECU.....different resolution to std AFM!

make sure you remove or hide that EBC before you go.

all depends what you've modified man, injectors, afm...

Bigger injectors, different AFM can't be run with the standard ecu without problems.

Ryan had already made that point but I think it may have been missed

yeah its all sweet. EBC is out. everythin is fine.

stock ECU casing over powerfc. only way they can tell if its a powerFC is if they rip the kick panel off and pull the casing of the ECU. they will prolly take the kick panels off but surely not unscrew the casing and look.

all I gotta do is find a cheap way to quieten the exhaust.

Im moving house in the next couple weeks too so money in limited.

anyone know a cheap way to quieten the exhaust ?

baffle plate ? spot weld silencer ?