SAU Community

A Truck Ran Over My Skyline. :(

G'Day everyone,

my first post up here and its a sad one. some idiot in a truck ran into my skyline which ive only had for a couple of months.

the front right panel the front bar and grill, the right headlight and indicator and the wheel are all broken, luckily he didnt go into the door.

ok the story behind it:

i was in the left hand lane, this is a 2 way street by the way, there is a truck in the right hand lane parked and facing the same way as me, i slow down coz im about to turn int the carpark and this idiot just starts pulling out right into my car. i see it last second and stop but he keeps going and crushes from just infront of the door all the way past the front bumper ripping everything out.

i now cant drive my car which i love coz this idiot wasnt paying attention.

does anyone know any good smash repairers in WA north of the river? it doesnt matter how much they cost coz this idiot is paying to fix it, i just want my skyline back the way it was and quickly.

If you were'nt @ fault and need a car whilst your car is getting repaired/assessed, you can get a rental car via Acorn Rentals. Thats what i did when someone totalled my last car. Acorn Rentals then recover the money from the party @ fault's insurance company. YOu have it as long as it takes for the claim to settle. They gave me a brand new Lancer to use for a month lol

mate this is a really stupid ( but relevant ) Question....Are you 100% sure that he is legally at fault ? Reason why I ask is that some people are unaware ( or ignorant of ) the fact that heavy vehicles can lane share when cornering, even as far as turn from the middle lane ( onto a left Corner )...Any vehicle that may come up the inside is deemed to be at fault..Its the Do not overtake turning vehicle rule... Now I am not accusing you of this ( Dont get me wrong here ) As only you know exactly what happened..I hope this isnt what happened

Which direction did you turn into the carpark?

If he was parking in the same direction as you then it'd mean he's parking unlawfully

I remember my dad parked backwards and was fine $55 but that was like 15 years ago

Still, I doubt the laws have changed for parking in the wrong direction.

Edited by POLICE

Why is it a stupid question??? it needs to be fixed, im asking if any one knows any good smash reapairers in WA. i dont see how that is a stupid question??? :)

i think u miss understand what i was trying to say, it was a straight single lane road heading north south, i was heading south in the south lane (left) and the truck was facing south in the north lane (right), he was parked in the lane the wrong way, plus its a no stopping area. i had to turn right and cross the oncoming traffic, he came from behind me on the inside in the wrong lane.

so yes i know for a fact he is at fault and i did nothing wrong and yes i know trucks can cross lanes when turning, but cars cannot.

Edited by GreyGTST

Ah the joys of owning a grey car, sounds to me your car will be a write off...chassis twisted ect.

Bad luck for both parties, If he was turning left from the right lane, as a lot of trunks need to when entering driveways ect he still must indicate left then check mirrors ect before proceeding.

Why is it a stupid question??? it needs to be fixed, im asking if any one knows any good smash reapairers in WA. i dont see how that is a stupid question??? :D

i think u miss understand what i was trying to say, it was a straight single lane road heading north south, i was heading south in the south lane (left) and the truck was facing south in the north lane (right), he was parked in the lane the wrong way, plus its a no stopping area. i had to turn right and cross the oncoming traffic, he came from behind me on the inside in the wrong lane.

so yes i know for a fact he is at fault and i did nothing wrong and yes i know trucks can cross lanes when turning, but cars cannot.

No mate when i said stupid question I wasnt refferring to your request of a smash repairer... I was illustrating the question that I asked in regards to the possibility of the truck being not at fault....But as you said this isnt the case

Why is it a stupid question??? it needs to be fixed, im asking if any one knows any good smash reapairers in WA. i dont see how that is a stupid question??? :D

No mate I wasnt referring to your request of a smash repairer as being stupid... I was referring to my question possibly being stupid ( If you were aware at the time of truck turning laws- which you were )....You would be surprised just how many people DONT know that trucks can lane share...So knowing this it would have been a stupid question but to a person who isnt aware ? Maybe not so stupid a question....Hope that clarifies things....Now that you have explained the situation a little more I am starting to visualise it better.

No mate I wasnt referring to your request of a smash repairer as being stupid... I was referring to my question possibly being stupid ( If you were aware at the time of truck turning laws- which you were )....You would be surprised just how many people DONT know that trucks can lane share...So knowing this it would have been a stupid question but to a person who isnt aware ? Maybe not so stupid a question....Hope that clarifies things....Now that you have explained the situation a little more I am starting to visualise it better.

cool, no worries. it is a bit hard to explain with out a picture, coz it is just so wrong and stupid on the trucks part. i will try and attach some pics i took later i think that will be easier than trying to write it.

so anyone on the smash repair??

cool, no worries. it is a bit hard to explain with out a picture, coz it is just so wrong and stupid on the trucks part. i will try and attach some pics i took later i think that will be easier than trying to write it.

Theres always the good old MS Paint (Microsoft Paint in windows not a pannel beater) draw a couple boxes representing your car, the truck, the carpark and the road. will make it easier to picture.

has your insurance decide who was at fault. it sure sounds like a nasty prang.