SAU Community

boost control options?

33HKS

Hi all,

When my car arrives i plan at some point to increase the boost :)

I am wondering what would be my best plan of attack. Noting that i wish to have very good control over the boost while i am still running stock turbo. As usual, cost restrictions are in place but i will stretch my funds for the right setup.

1: Buy boost guage and a simple boost controller e.g. turbosmart bleed valve or 2 stage controller

2: Buy AVC-r or similar boost controller and use it as both controller and guage.

I know its up to me in the end, i am just after a few opinions to guide my choice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gary

hi how are ya's i have a 180sx with a SR20 all pretty stantard but it has

a apexi air filter and 5zigen cat back exhaust, pretty poo hey but its ok for now. im interested in fitting a boost controller and a boost gauge. so can anyone help me and let me know what kinda power the car is putting out and how much it will put out after it goes up to about 13 psi and is it safe with out touching the computer.. cheers for ya help .....drifta180

hey strich, yeah i saw the hybrid ones advertised. They are a bit cheaper than the others too. I was wondering what experience people have had with them. Good to hear some good reply's back on them. Will be seriously considering one soon i think

Does the e-boost display boost level on the guage as well?

Sorta eliminates the need for a guage an extra cost i thought it did from the pics iv seen of it but i wasnt sure.

They seem a lil cheaper than the avc-r etc? or have i just been looking in the wrong spots?