SAU Community

R33 Gtr - Tachometer Wont Go Past 2,000rpm

Hey Guys,

Just got outa the car, and this has only just started happening about half an hour ago...

The car drives no problem normally, but the Tacho wont relect the revs accuratley.

Ok heres what happens the revs go up to 2K then wont go past, in fact they start creeping backwards steadily back towards 1K.

Would this be a problem with

-Tacho Buggered.

-ECU Issue

Or what else??

Just wondering what i should start pulling apart first, anyone got any ideas?

The most logical place to start would be the solder joints on the back of the dash cluster.a dry joint could possibly cause this but it does sound abit weird that they start going backwards.

The most logical place to start would be the solder joints on the back of the dash cluster.a dry joint could possibly cause this but it does sound abit weird that they start going backwards.

If not the solder joints even just spray some contact cleaner on the connectors that go into the back of the dash cluster and maybe give a bit of a scrub with a cheap tooth brush. But in either case you would expect it to get better as the revs go up (because electrically the voltage is increasing)

Cheers

Camden

• 5 months later...

souns simialr to the problem soarers have with blinky dash, thats is the solder joints cracking apart with age, my old jzz30 used to do that, after 30 minutes or so the joints expandedand made contact again, sounds similar?

My Fuel gauge does weird stuff like this. I will have a full tank for example and sometimes it just goes all teh way down to below the E. Like I have turned my car off, no fuel light comes on so I assume it just lost power to it. Then it comes up to just under a quarter then back down again. To get it to work I usually need to go round a right hand corner really fast or belt through a roundabout. Then it comes back up again. Pain in the ass really.

• 2 weeks later...
souns simialr to the problem soarers have with blinky dash, thats is the solder joints cracking apart with age, my old jzz30 used to do that, after 30 minutes or so the joints expandedand made contact again, sounds similar?

haha yeah, that sounds very similar... i guess i'll put it on my ever-growing list of little things to fix when i have a chance...

thanks for the tip!

My tacho has begun going beserk...

Driving along reading fine, it'll flip over to the stopper past the red line, then back to zero, then oscillate at some random value ~2000rpm above where it is actually...

BIZARRE.

Anyone seen something similar?