SAU Community

Intro: R33 Gtst In Adelaide, The Capital Of Fun

medman2damax

Hi all,

Have been into skylines and imports forever, saved some money for a house, shopped around and realized houses are freaking expensive and don't go very fast at all. Some of them also smell like old people. So have just purchased a skyline, 1996 R33 GTST M. It is shiny.

The car is on a transport coming in from interstate, should be here in a few days. Would have driven it back after i test drove it but I have no license (again) and would have surely been pulled over. Drove to Melbourne 2 weeks ago and sat on 170 most of the way. Good times.

Really wanted a 34 but found a clean example with under 90,000 K's (dont tell me that's fake because i'll just put my fingers in my ears) and factory sunroof, loads of HKS gear.

Current Mods (not my fault they're in caps, i copied and pasted):

HKS FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER

3" EXHAUST SYSTEM

3" DUMP PIPE

NISMO LOW MOUNT MANAFOLD

AIR INTAKE

HKS BLOW OFF

TURBOSMART DUAL STAGE BOOST CONTROLLER

EXEDY HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH

FRONT STRUT BRACE

HKS ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION

BOOST GAUGE

BOOST JET SWITCH

TURBO TIMER

PIONEER HEAD UNIT MP3 PLAYER

THIS CAR WAS DYNO TUNED RUNNING AT 12 POUND BOOST REACHED 183KW ATW

Like all cars I've had I always buy with the intention to spend no more on them, which changes soon after. This time I am preparing early by picking out mods before I even have the car, it's more efficient that way :P

Nice place you got here SAU :P

Here's a real quick basic Q, how much boost can I run with my current setup without anything exploding? keep in mind my fuel system in stock.

That group buy for power FC's looks exciting...............

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Yes, it's similar length. 
    • Is the CD009 similar length from bell to shifter?    car will just be for the street with the odd track day. It’s RB30det, and weighs about 1000kg
    • The r34 gearbox is like $3400/3700 landed from Japan sometime last year.   Contact jessestreeter.com for info and quotes. From memory the navara gearbox needs input shaft machined down as I looked into a while back and there's a thread somewhere here from 2018-2021 about it. Depends on what your doing with the car maybe worth the dollars to go cd009 or a 8hp50/70.
    • VCAM doesn't really increase peak power, it just widens the powerband. So if you were giving up power with adjustable cam gears to get better low-end response yes in theory it "increases power" but otherwise not really. Stroker kit might put you in a more efficient region of the compressor map which will get you more power but at say 7000 rpm I'm not sure that much will change. The original HKS GT2530, -5s, and GTX2860R gen 2 are all roughly the same kind of turbo. If you want 600 horsepower those are the turbos you need. So 500 whp. Just expect to spend some quality time trying to figure out intake/exhaust piping. The "twin turbo" pipe is an obvious place to start. Make sure the actuator preload and all of that fun boring stuff is set up correctly. Throw a VCAM step 2 at it if you want good response, 2.8L stroker too. If you're not actually wedded to 500 whp all the time you can barely get there with -7s or Nismo R3 turbos, you just have to run E85 or race gas and run them hard: