SAU Community

Intercooler N Exaust

r33_crusier

ey guys need some help on wat do, im stuck.

my next thing on my 33 is to get my exaust done, ive been quoted 1050 dollars for a 3" stainless turbo back exaust? wat does everyone reckon, good price? should i worry about stainless or jst go mild steel? or does any one have ant bolt on kits that i could buy or get from somewhere???

also for my FMIC wat should i do, found a cooling pro kit that connects straight up to the stock intercooler pipes. i dunno wat i wanna do, how easy is it to fit these after market FMIC in the stock front bar of a r33 series 2. Any one have any hints or tips for installing them.

Thanks For the help guys

Adam

Id have a look through the trader section for exhuasts, there are quite a few who supply a wide range of exhausts. As for the cooler, i just fitted my type 2 cooling pro kit. Jenkies had to make custom brackets for it, but other than that, no problems at all!

Sounds like a good price, but does it include a high flow cat? Stainless muffler or resonator? Do you know exactly what it is going to sound like? And what volume it is going to be? If the price difference isn't massive I would go stainless every time, as it will last a lot longer. If you want to be prudent, get them to change over your turbo exhaust housing studs while they do the job - can save you heartache down the track.

I have the cheap-ass JustJap intercooler and it works great. Not sure if it is cooling pro or not. If the one you are looking at hooks up to stock pipes then I would assume not. The big problem with a cooler that joins up to stock pipes, it that it presumably has a long pipe running the length under the intercooler back the the stock pipes - these can hang below the level of your bumper bar. If the one you are looking at doesn't have that pipe, then they are bugger to install - you have to cut a hole in your engine bay wall for the return pipe, lose your air snorkel, and trim your clutch fan blades.

Either way you are almost certainly going to have to trim your reo bar, and will definitely have to trim the inside of your bumper bar, to fit the cooler in. These are not difficult jobs, but not for the faint-hearted either. If you are not pretty strongly mechanically inclined, then I would pay someone to fit it. A pile of SAU people had a go at installing a members intercooler one afternoon recently, and from memory didn't actually complete the project within a day :D

i know a place that has a 3 inch 5zigen exhaust for like 550 i think it was wen i seen it - will pm u details

and also try ISC for I/C kits, good prices and half decent kits

yeah like nightcrawler said! i think i was quoted just under 2k somewhere for exhaust, it included a cat, resonator and a muffler! but it was gonna be abit loud, i think the last r33 they tested was like 96-97 db with the same exhaust! i wanted it quiet so i shopped around and pick up a jazma 3" cat back for cheap as chips! got a 3" xforce front/dump real cheap as well! i then picked up a 3" high flow cat from an r34 for like 50 bucks! but i ended up decating my own cat but all up i spent around $500 on my exhaust system! just shop around if you don't wanna pay that sort of price

as for the fmic! i have never run into one which just fits directly without any modifications! i always ended up bending pipes and adding some on

Sounds like a good price, but does it include a high flow cat? Stainless muffler or resonator? Do you know exactly what it is going to sound like? And what volume it is going to be? If the price difference isn't massive I would go stainless every time, as it will last a lot longer. If you want to be prudent, get them to change over your turbo exhaust housing studs while they do the job - can save you heartache down the track.

I have the cheap-ass JustJap intercooler and it works great. Not sure if it is cooling pro or not. If the one you are looking at hooks up to stock pipes then I would assume not. The big problem with a cooler that joins up to stock pipes, it that it presumably has a long pipe running the length under the intercooler back the the stock pipes - these can hang below the level of your bumper bar. If the one you are looking at doesn't have that pipe, then they are bugger to install - you have to cut a hole in your engine bay wall for the return pipe, lose your air snorkel, and trim your clutch fan blades.

Either way you are almost certainly going to have to trim your reo bar, and will definitely have to trim the inside of your bumper bar, to fit the cooler in. These are not difficult jobs, but not for the faint-hearted either. If you are not pretty strongly mechanically inclined, then I would pay someone to fit it. A pile of SAU people had a go at installing a members intercooler one afternoon recently, and from memory didn't actually complete the project within a day :laugh:

cheers for all the reply guys

as for the quote it was for a 3" stainless dump pipe, that has the 2 seperate pipes for wastegate and exaust gases, a 3" high flow cat, and a 3inch piping while ill keep my cannon at the back, i was wanting it to keep the same/similar sound as it has now as its not to loud and sounds alrite atm, jst need the flow casue it kinda feels restriced at higher rev ranges. I think ill jst try find a FMIC and get soem1 to install it casue cbf tryin to cut the stuff on the inside of the front bar i dont wanna stuff it up.

That price sounds really good for a split dump, high flow cat and 3" stainless right through including install! A stainless split dump is $250-$300 and high flow cat $200-$300 on their own.

That price sounds really good for a split dump, high flow cat and 3" stainless right through including install! A stainless split dump is $250-$300 and high flow cat $200-$300 on their own.

yea well this guy at streamline down at newton, all my mates got there's done there so he said hed do it cheap, plus id had my other cars done there 2

Hey bud, we are located in SA and can supply you with an ISC full intercooler kit for $399, you can also go a Trust spec LS for $679. As for exhausts our jap brand cat backs start from $750 +. We can also supply greddy front/dump pipes etc.

Ryan-0413804117

Edited by ISC-Performance

Give michael @ Aussie Dyno and exhaust a call, guys heaps helpful and really really happy with exhaust. I went mild steel and I'm happy with it, unless ur keeping ur car for 20 years i wouldnt worry about stainless.

Hey bud, we are located in SA and can supply you with an ISC full intercooler kit for $399, you can also go a Trust spec LS for $679. As for exhausts our jap brand cat backs start from $750 +. We can also supply greddy front/dump pipes etc.

Ryan-0413804117

Hey Ryan,

Could you please PM me a price for a Greddy front/dump pipe for a 32GTR, im getting new turbos, so looking to upgrade.

Mark at Exhaust Technology did my exhaust on my other cars and you dont need s/steel m/steel is fine he will tell you that anyway spend your money on the rear box nothing cheap china made either go for something like a 3" racing spiral JUN.BL with hi-flow cat no rezy and your 33 will sound awsome i promiss

yea well this guy at streamline down at newton, all my mates got there's done there so he said hed do it cheap, plus id had my other cars done there 2

Nigel does some quality work there at streamline. He usually does all the pipework and fabricating from scratch from what i've seen, which is probably why youve been quoted that much.

I reccomend his work for sure!

He actually worked on my corolla exhaust last weekend after somehow mysteriously blowing the rear muffler :D

Another +1 for Nigel at Streamline.

He fixed up the loose exhaust manifold for my R34 back a few weeks ago, great guy to deal with - seems very genuine and was happy to show me around the car and what he'd be doing, etc.