SAU Community

Defect Blitz

rad100

hey just saw news flash on ten..

there is a defect blitz.. quote "getting hundreds of cars cars off the road each week"

pictured was a holden sandman...

will be interesting to hear wat they say!

Edited by rad33

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more for the old, unsafe cars. No mention of modified vehicles.

so u dont think it will give them more reason to pull over a 20yo r32 saying were checking cars which r unsafe for possible defect...

hmm another reason for them to raise revenue!

be honest mate, how many 30yo datsuns gemi's etc do you see on the road that are neglected?

bald tyres, no brakes, f**ked steering....i think its about time they targeted these cars, doesnt mean they will leave us alone though.

i agree.. if they actually do target these cars its gonna be good! but i just hope it doesnt give them MORE reason to pull us over!

lol a r32 is no longer a new car if you hadnt noticed

Certainly not :sick:

I got pulled over years ago in my modded Datsun 1600. Cops asked if it had been modified. My response was "yeah, its a 35 year old car and its obviously had mods over the years to stop it falling to pieces and blowing smoke and being a polluting menace on the road". The cops let me go! :D

The reason we get picked on in Adelaide is because they make the money of us!! Adelaide doesnt get any tourism people over here which helps turn over for pretty much all the other states! Lets all move to Sydney!!! or somewhere else but i love Sydney! I reckon we could make pretty good cruises over there!! Yeah Adelaide Style :whistling:

good, i didnt see any imports on there, just old peices of poo.

its all media bs mate, they show rust buckets being defected, the public thinks they are only defecting cars which are unsafe, the public supports the defect scheme, police defect imports/modified vehicles, public thinks they were defected for being unsafe.

police arnt idiots, they know how to use the media, and the media know these sort of stories are well supported and are good for ratings and support, its a win win for both the police and the media, modified car owners are just the victim of stupid people who beleive media dribble.

im not saying they are only defecting imports, thats just stupid, but its not quite as good for image to show police defecting a clean stock car as it is defecting a POS which looks unroadworthy and dangerous, the reality of course we know is different, these clean, close to stock imports do get defected, and at ridiculous rates.

I doubt they'd ping you in a stock KE70. In the case of an on the spot inspection with "old bombs", they'll look for the obvious; bald tyres, frayed seat belts, damaged exterior parts, lights out, blown mufflers (loud exhausts), or general rusted arseholes all over the body of the car.

And of course there are always the defective aftermarket mods, (which today police are well aware of, and take into account) that majority of "old bombs" dont have...

I definitely agree with their intentions though, good on em for targeting older cars, so they should. But i bet the majority of their quota from this super defect blitz wont be old shitboxes.

imports, rice burners, commodores and falcons with large bore loud exhausts, giant f*&^ off fmic's, fiberglass & plastic pig aftermarket bodykits, atmo BOVs, electronic interior wankery, low ride height; and of course all of the stuff I mentioned above = Much less hesitation + easier canary slap. 119508z.gif

-EDIT: Lol, beat me to it Nisskid, youre absolutely right