SAU Community

Defect Blitz

rad100

its pretty pathetic really... a hot skyline and a ferrari compared... both are f*kn quick... both are going to have intense breaks, both will hold up pretty well in a crash... do ppl c where im coming from here?? its not like we make out cars fast but handle/stop like shit! a turbo only goes fast when the driver makes it!!! thats my excuse anyway :whistling:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my travels the only time I've found an old bomb with a defect sticker on it, was a white sigma that looked to be owned by a fairly old bloke... Was at the police station, cranked over the engine... she fired up, and lots of white smoke just poured from the exhaust. Now thats what I call a dangerous car! First time I ever actually felt happy...

Most of the time I drive past and see a copper on the side of the road he has an import in front of him, only a few times has it been a Commodore.

What shitted me off was the joke they played at Mallala last major event there, with a defect station set up right at the end of the town. Now, tell me if thats not biased?

I get pissed off at the fact that I got done for being too low, when all I see are P.O.S pre 85' that smoke you out when you sit behind them... Annoys me when my car has perfect brakes, perfect handling, is better for the environment... but yet im the one with 2 canary's on my car. -_- Dont wanna scrape those poor speed humps!

Tis amazing seeing the council actually doing some road re-surfacing.

/bitch

lol...

well what can we do hey boys and girls? but turn into a side street when we see the police :whistling:

Too suspicious lol... few mates have told me that they just sit next to the police and dont do anything. Yet, when Im driving.... normally, which I tend to do cos I love my car. :P Im targetted...

I turned down a sidestreet, granted that It WAS a shortcut to get to where I was goin... if only I had kept followin the police car in front of me and turned off another few hundred meters away I would of cleared the defect station. :D

Edited by AdMan

What shitted me off was the joke they played at Mallala last major event there, with a defect station set up right at the end of the town. Now, tell me if thats not biased?

And more to come...

At upcoming meetings myself, traffic Police from Elizabeth, Northern Traffic Enforcement Section along with traffic inspectors from Transport SA will be frequenting your events and the Drift Practice events to detect the offences as mentioned above along with blatant unroadworthy vehicles. I must admit that you organisation run excellent events

I wish you, your organisation, competitors and patrons a safe year of competition, that includes travelling to and from the circuit for ALL drift events. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss this or other matters further. I am looking forward to the upcoming year and to participating in my role with ALL events being held at the Mallala Motor Sport circuit.

Found it browsing the mallala homepage:

http://mallala.com/startyourengines/index.html - middle column in blue click on "Mallala Police Advice (Drifting)"

I'm not sure when the blitz started, but I got hit two weeks ago, but I could tell the weeks leading up to the defect I had more cop attention than normal. Like I said in another post, they've got a quota and we're easy pickings.

And more to come...

Found it browsing the mallala homepage:

http://mallala.com/startyourengines/index.html - middle column in blue click on "Mallala Police Advice (Drifting)"

Yeh the guy is a member on NS.com, seems like a good bloke!! Not his problem tools drive their overly defectable car out to the track and drift on track and drive home, they deserve a defect, there has been that much talk about cops out at Mallala defecting and so on, and people still drive out get defected AND still whinge about it!!

If you wanna have a "race car" then tow it out like any normal person, problem solvered!!

So the next weekly 100 defects will come from the drift prac this sunday..........

its pretty pathetic really... a hot skyline and a ferrari compared... both are f*kn quick... both are going to have intense breaks, both will hold up pretty well in a crash... do ppl c where im coming from here?? its not like we make out cars fast but handle/stop like shit! a turbo only goes fast when the driver makes it!!! thats my excuse anyway :D

What about a supra and ferrari or lamborghini haha.. If i had my skyline with them I would put it up but no.. dammit! I think they look pretty good together..

I understand ya Adam!

post-43034-1215042250_thumb.jpg

post-43034-1215042343_thumb.jpg

suprised no one has mentioned this....... they usually defect us more because we will spend money and turn over more money to get the car back on the road. We pay the guys at regency.

A piece of shit car will be thrown away without spending a cent if its defected. they know that.

you ever see a piece of shit in regency ?

you ever see a piece of shit in regency ?

the last time i went i saw an r32 gtr and gtst, wrx, a very nice 180 and oh yeah a piece of crap looking green civic!

Yeh the guy is a member on NS.com, seems like a good bloke!! Not his problem tools drive their overly defectable car out to the track and drift on track and drive home, they deserve a defect, there has been that much talk about cops out at Mallala defecting and so on, and people still drive out get defected AND still whinge about it!!

If you wanna have a "race car" then tow it out like any normal person, problem solvered!!

So the next weekly 100 defects will come from the drift prac this sunday..........

i totaly agree with you about people driving their cars there ready for the track, but ive see peoples cars being defected while they were on the back of a tow truck and even inside of a tyer workshop getting new tyers and he was defected for the old ones being bold. there just not being fair to the people who are trying to do the right thing.

i also found it weird that after the quota for police to defect cars went up, regency inspection fee's went up aswell :D

good, i didnt see any imports on there, just old peices of poo.

hey ease up..... my car "as you call" it is a 42 year oldpiece of poo and is one of the most looked after and heavly modded old school skylines out on the road thses days!!!!!!

i take offence to that!

i look after my skyline as doo a lot of the guys that drive old school classics....

hey ease up..... my car "as you call" it is a 42 year oldpiece of poo and is one of the most looked after and heavly modded old school skylines out on the road thses days!!!!!!

i take offence to that!

i look after my skyline as doo a lot of the guys that drive old school classics....

Heh that reminded me of a song from UGK.... they love their cars in texas...

"Take an old school classic, give it new car scent, man I dont regret one motherf&%*n dollar I spent"

UGK - Chrome Plated Woman

i totaly agree with you about people driving their cars there ready for the track,

Last time I did a track day on the bike, I was driving back when all the 'drifters' were on their way in. So many cars driving (not towed) past with missing bumpers, intercoolers standing out like dogs balls, loud systems, existing damage ... and they wondered why they got picked on. :P I agree the cops should play fair, but don't go sulking when ya cars are inviting the cops to nab you.

i take offence to that!

I love old school. Last car I played with was a 1600. And plenty of 200Bs before then.

Here's a 200B I built with SR20DE motor with Supercharger running 8psi. Upgraded brakes all round, plus lotsa mods to make it all work. This car was f*cking awesome and I got plenty of laughs ... and she was Regency approved!!! Engineers Certificate and all.

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/featureca...gon/sc200b.html

There's a supercharged SR20DE hiding under there ... ;)

wagon.jpg

i take offence to that!

is your car a piece of poo? NO! read carefully.

i simply ment, old gemini's, vans, etc that havnt been looked after!

unlike yours which is a classic example of a well looked after classic.

drama queen.