SAU Community

Defect Blitz

rad100

Luke in all honesty i would get rid of the bride for a clearly marked ADR approved race seat if you really want a race seat and get rid of the CF bonnet otherwise regency will be a revolving door to you :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey can some one tell me exatly wat is defectable?

coz i have heard mixed things about some mods

e.g. are strut braces defectable? cos some cars have em stock

fmic? are ok right? as long as u got a bumper?

boost gauge? i have one on my stearing collem

Strut braces should be fine, FMIC is ok as long as the bumber support bar is not cut or modified, and boost guage is fine as long as its not above dash level.

hey can some one tell me exatly wat is defectable?

coz i have heard mixed things about some mods

e.g. are strut braces defectable? cos some cars have em stock

fmic? are ok right? as long as u got a bumper?

boost gauge? i have one on my stearing collem

FMIC is ok if you havent modified the chassis or supports to fit it

Boost Gauges are OK but Boost Controllers are not

Strut braces are not defectable.

Gauges are only defectable when they're mounted in a position that obscures any part of the windscreen..

If in doubt, call regency and ask them.

-D

sweet i didnt know u could call and ask!

really then its not too hard to clean up ur car

and make it passable,

ok one last question given the car is legal, can a cop bs a defect form

and sent u off to regentcy anyway? i have heard some crazy storys

alot of this stuff is "legal" but i think you will find on the night/day the cop will still do you for it, and pointing out that an officer is wrong often ends up in more defects :)

Well that depends on if you know what your talking about, and what sort of attitude you have, i've found that most police officers are quite reasonable, unless you give them bad attitude.

u cant get done 4 somthing thats "legal" right

well corect me if i am wrong but this is wat i would do

wait till the cops done his stuff then at the end

ask 4 his name and id no.

take car to regentcy

if there is no problem tell the police ombusman

and bust him!

remeber its ur time and ur money

cops uphold the law they dont make it

yeah mate at work sold his evo to a car yard last week n heard cops went there day later defectd 15 cars n the evo n now the owner of the yard gta get all off before sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that sux!!!!!!!!! :)

he must of pissed SAPOL rite off to get that done! coz thats on his land rite?

dont they need warrents?

It is an offense to sell an unroadworthy car from a car yard, so police often do random inspections at car yards.

As for defecting a legal car, the officer only has to BELIEVE the car doesn't comply with ADR's, there is no onus of proof or accountability. It would be up to you to prove the officer know the car was legal and was deliberately discriminating/harassing you (very hard to prove this usually)

It is an offense to sell an unroadworthy car from a car yard, so police often do random inspections at car yards.

As for defecting a legal car, the officer only has to BELIEVE the car doesn't comply with ADR's, there is no onus of proof or accountability. It would be up to you to prove the officer know the car was legal and was deliberately discriminating/harassing you (very hard to prove this usually)

exactly, the larger percentage of officers are pricks and they can beleive anything they want, it still means a trip to regency. if you beleive you are being hard done by politely tell the officer that you are going to record this conversation on your mobile phone......then he has to do everything by the book.

this being said, ive (touch wood) never been harrassed by the long arm of the law while driving, andi hope it stays that way lol

exactly, the larger percentage of officers are pricks and they can beleive anything they want, it still means a trip to regency. if you beleive you are being hard done by politely tell the officer that you are going to record this conversation on your mobile phone......then he has to do everything by the book.

this being said, ive (touch wood) never been harrassed by the long arm of the law while driving, andi hope it stays that way lol

The greater percentage will give you the attitude test, and if you feel you are being hard done by, it will reflect in your attitude. 90% of cops are just doing their job, having illegal modifications is done at our own risk. Having said that, i haven't been defected before.

The greater percentage will give you the attitude test, and if you feel you are being hard done by, it will reflect in your attitude. 90% of cops are just doing their job, having illegal modifications is done at our own risk. Having said that, i haven't been defected before.

if a cop wanted to he could defect a car straight off the production line, as soon as it got out those gates, BAMN, yellow sticker.....

so its really irrelevant what youve done to your car, (unless its stupidly low/loud etc) if the cop wants a defect and if quota's are low for that week ur f**ked

Edited by rhys5169

I just dunno about quotas, has anyone got any hard evidence behind the theory?

i havent, tried many a time tho on any officer that will listen haha

but it would make sense, every business has quota's, so why should the police be any different?

you cant tell someone to actively seek out x amount of defectable cars per week, otherwise they lose their job or get reprimanded.

I think that the Police would be more worried about checking that for every car they did pull over (for whatever reason) that they followed the correct protocol, did the right paperwork etc. I have applied for the police force twice now, and have been told both times that i don't have enough life experience.

My own thoughts are that the whole "quota" business is a conspiracy theory derived by import drivers who think the police (traffic cops) are out there on the road wholely and solely to ping them for nothing to make more money for the government. I mean cmon, there are much easier ways for the police force to earn more money, why not increase fines?

that's my 20 yen.

you cant tell someone to actively seek out x amount of defectable cars per week, otherwise they lose their job or get reprimanded.

I think that the Police would be more worried about checking that for every car they did pull over (for whatever reason) that they followed the correct protocol, did the right paperwork etc. I have applied for the police force twice now, and have been told both times that i don't have enough life experience.

My own thoughts are that the whole "quota" business is a conspiracy theory derived by import drivers who think the police (traffic cops) are out there on the road wholely and solely to ping them for nothing to make more money for the government. I mean cmon, there are much easier ways for the police force to earn more money, why not increase fines?

that's my 20 yen.

1) they wouldnt say "go ping some more defects" they would have a monthly average that they would need to meet, wether that be via defects, speeding, hoon driving etc

2) i had a mate get turned down for the same reason..............he joined the army lol

3) i am only as of today an import driver, ive come from the classic ford (mk2 rs2000) group, and they have the same thoughts there, and there mainly all 50yr olds living out there teens again lol

4) if police increased fines there would be a massive uproar amongst the community, but if they say there having a defect blitz then the community is like "ahhh good on the police getting those problem P platers off the road".....

5) i had a family friends brand new 4wd, 3 days old get pulled over and defected for tint straight out the factory, these are a 40yrold couple.............if this aint revenue raising what is???

my 2 cents lol