SAU Community

Defect Blitz

rad100

the boys at regency need work. so of course there is a quota.

its almost like a production line down there.

Ive been 3 times. they are like robots half of them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if a cop wanted to he could defect a car straight off the production line, as soon as it got out those gates, BAMN, yellow sticker.....

Not true...

i had a friend who had an xr6 ute. cop pulled him up becouse of the fog lights at the bottom of the front stanrd bumper (u know the ones)

cop sayed that they were illegal and that he didnt like them ect.... must face the road more or some shit

the car was vertualy new no mods at all

cop tryed to defect but the car was 100% legal so it was his word against manafactures (basicly)

manafactures follow ADR = so no problem

Not true...

i had a friend who had an xr6 ute. cop pulled him up becouse of the fog lights at the bottom of the front stanrd bumper (u know the ones)

cop sayed that they were illegal and that he didnt like them ect.... must face the road more or some shit

cop tryed to defect but the car was 100% legal so it was his word against manafactures (basicly)

wrong. simply the fact that an officer can defect you on suspicion and not require any proof cancels that theory out.

but cars off the assembly line often come with defects, whether it be the most petty shit, or even major stuff, was chatting with a bloke a while back off here while we were waiting in the waiting room at regency, he was talking about a 2008 model holden as an example which came out with wheels larger then legal and indicators that flash at an illegal rate, all from factory.

im just throwing this out there but i would of thought that its the manufacturer that decides how large they want there wheels to be not some ADR thats why there's a tyre placard

...2008 model holden as an example which came out with wheels larger then legal and indicators that flash at an illegal rate, all from factory.

Not true...

I don't believe he would have been able to defect the car as I had the same issue when I first bought my R32 gtst. The problem is your apparently not allowed to drive with the fog lights on at the same time you have the head lights or some crap. Almost copped a fine.

In a crude analogy its much like having 300kw+ yet if you use it your hooning. :blush:

+1 lonely stag. My friends mate who once knew a guy whos cousin's sister in law bought a brand new commodore that got defected for being too loud.

Yeah, my brother's mate's uncle's landlord's dentist's sister had her falcon defected for a simple chip in the custom chameleon paintwork of the rocker cover of the 350 chev bored out to 700ci and fitted with turbos!

hahaha lonely stag your post always seem to amuse me! :(

but common! i got defected in the first hour or so of owning my car while i was cleaning it! so if someone should be spewing it's me! but i ain't because rightly so i got done for my exhaust having a reading of 93.7 db! could've been worse because i had just a 3" pipe from the turbo to cannon! no cat and res!

but i reckon what the real question now is what isn't illegal?

Edited by nos man

This pissed me off on the way to marion tonight.

Driving down morphett rd saw a cop waiting to turn right down a side street while there was a 180 waiting to turn right onto morphett rd. Gap in the traffic cop car doesnt move. Cop car pulls over to the left and waits for the 180 to turn right infront of him, then the cop car goes behind him and pulls him over. Seriously WTF

Maybe we should start hanging out at shopping centres and graff shit.

Hell its even more difficult to own a boat these days.. They really pump rego up combined with fuel prices..

The only thing left to do soon enough will be brew your own beer and sit at home wearing the wifebasher. Not quite that bad but how does the government plan to keep its citizens happy... (thinks back to the old simcity days lol)

Drift events and defects... Why setup defect stations... because it makes money.. Hell they would never think of policing the road to and from and catch people endangering the lives of others as the amount of people they catch and the amount of $$ they make would be minimal compared to a large defect blitz.

Well since my skyline is defected I have been getting aroun in my good old corolla. On thursday "apparently" a cop saw me driving dangerously and he came around to my place to have a chat with me about it today. I ended up wit a defect on the rolla with a $200 fine :@. I got defected simply because one of my park lights was dim, WTF. Of course i didnt admit to anything but he threatened me wit taking me to court etc etc, in the end i got a $200 fine was for breach of ADRS (watever that is) with no demerit points which was not too bad an outcome as i only got 2 points left.

What I am wondering is can the cops actually get you for something you did 5 days ago??

Also I got my bro to take photos of the cop car as he was parked illegally during the whole ordeal. Can i use this as leverage against the copper??. Dad reckons I should go to court and fight it out... i aint sure... any suggestions??

Cheers

Franky

Got the money and the minerals? then go for it. Im pretty sure with evidence, a cop can backdate as far as he wants. and a dim parking light is only cop shop defect isnt it?

Got the money and the minerals? then go for it. Im pretty sure with evidence, a cop can backdate as far as he wants. and a dim parking light is only cop shop defect isnt it?

Yea its only a cop shop defect. I have been spending a bit on my 33 lately to try and get it back on the road so I got the minerals but not the money. Dad does tho and he seems to love going to court to fight fines and he has been fairly successful at it. So if he is willing to pay for fees if we lose then Ill def give it a go. Worst case senario i get done for dangerous driving which is 3 d points and 300+ in fines but i only got 2 points left so I am a bit reluctant.

Edited by frankyp11

Wow, that's a tough break mate! If police are anything like councils, they can park their vehicles wherever and whichever way they like without followups

Well since my skyline is defected I have been getting aroun in my good old corolla. On thursday "apparently" a cop saw me driving dangerously and he came around to my place to have a chat with me about it today. I ended up wit a defect on the rolla with a $200 fine :@. I got defected simply because one of my park lights was dim, WTF. Of course i didnt admit to anything but he threatened me wit taking me to court etc etc, in the end i got a $200 fine was for breach of ADRS (watever that is) with no demerit points which was not too bad an outcome as i only got 2 points left.

What I am wondering is can the cops actually get you for something you did 5 days ago??

Also I got my bro to take photos of the cop car as he was parked illegally during the whole ordeal. Can i use this as leverage against the copper??. Dad reckons I should go to court and fight it out... i aint sure... any suggestions??

Cheers

Franky

Since you have 2 demerit points, I doubt a magistrate is going to look too kindly on you. Otherwise I'd be taking it to court because the police going to your home is >possibly< improper considering he has no evidence, that your car was in your property at the time etc (assuming you weren't parked on the road). He can threated to defect you, but he cant defect a stationary vehicle on public property, especially when its an electrical problem like that (replace the light, voila). Thats why I'd be contesting it. You perhaps wouldn't get such a good reception, with 2 demerit pts, but you'd need a decent lawyer and one that isnt going to charge you more than $200. I'd do it just to make the cop get a verbal earbashing by the magistrate and having them pay my court fees. Oh, and it'd also tie up the officer in question for a good half a day on paperwork, so thats a comforting thought.

-D

Since you have 2 demerit points, I doubt a magistrate is going to look too kindly on you. Otherwise I'd be taking it to court because the police going to your home is >possibly< improper considering he has no evidence, that your car was in your property at the time etc (assuming you weren't parked on the road). He can threated to defect you, but he cant defect a stationary vehicle on public property, especially when its an electrical problem like that (replace the light, voila). Thats why I'd be contesting it. You perhaps wouldn't get such a good reception, with 2 demerit pts, but you'd need a decent lawyer and one that isnt going to charge you more than $200. I'd do it just to make the cop get a verbal earbashing by the magistrate and having them pay my court fees. Oh, and it'd also tie up the officer in question for a good half a day on paperwork, so thats a comforting thought.

-D

Hey Dohmar, looks like uv done this before.

Yea my car was parked on my lawn. I was thinking that he couldnt defect a vehicle that is parked on my property, are you absuloutely certain of this? I am def considering contesting it now. cheers for your suggestions.