SAU Community

R32 Gtr Is Gone :(

Hello all,

I have had many issue with my GTR over time as many of you are more than aware of.

Spun bearing in 2002. A big thank you to trojan for the wonderful rebuild. What a car she was then.

In May 2006 I made the mistake of letting someone drive the car who therefore crashed it in to a tree. We were ok. that damage was suprisingly not as bad as first thought.

It took a 20 month saga at a known workshop in queanbeyan to fix. Who left several vital induction parts open to atmosphere, let alone an oil line not connected!

In Jan 2008 after being on the road for a mere 1900kms from the smash repairer a all to familiar knock was noticed. :) Did the problem happen form accident. Not sure. Either way. Heartbreaking.....

In the past months whilst at Trojan, A choice was made on how far can you keep doing this.

Today the car was sold as a wreck. :D And vey sad about it as i've always enjoyed the culture of SAU and the people involved with it, along with the great work and friendship by John and Angelo at Trojan motorsport.

I will in time be looking at another GTR. A sucker for them.

But thanks all for your advice, conversations and specially thanks to a car that was and always will hold a sentimental value to me for a long time. I'll stilll be on here looking everyday as i do. Hope to you around.

Here is a picture of Brads wedding and the last few pictures of being alive.

Cheers :)

Phil....

post-13678-1215132352_thumb.jpg

post-13678-1215132367_thumb.jpg

post-13678-1215132404_thumb.jpg

sorry to see it go phil, was a true stunner of a gtr, and can remember whenever seeing you driving it you would have a massive grin on your face.

but in saying that i'm sure i'll see you driving another gtr sometime soon. :):worship:

That sucks dude. It was an awesome looking GTR and I dont blame you for the decision in the end. It takes a lot of dedication to be able to continue something when everything keeps going wrong.

Hope to see you cruisin in another GTR soon though. (Better be a 34 though :))

It brought a tear or two to my eyes today to let her go.

The wheels are Work meister S1

Scott, I will be in a GTR again. But it will be closer to summer by the time i'm ready. You'll know!

whytry. your right. The time driving it was something more than special.

:P