SAU Community

Were Can I Get A Engineer Certificate

skyl1ne r33

hi all

can any one tell me were i can get a engineer certificate from for a fron mount and bov, in newcastle area??

name and numbers if possable please.

thanks.......

hi all

can any one tell me were i can get a engineer certificate from for a fron mount and bov, in newcastle area??

name and numbers if possable please.

thanks.......

try the rta's website for a list of engineers in NSW

also ATMO bovs are illegal, as in you cant engineer them, sorry to disapoint you

why dont u get a stock bov and goto ebay and buy a fake bov electronic one.. bingo no defect they wont no wat it is.

i dont get what you mean lol........

So basically a quiet exhaust on the car from a reputable brand can be engineered?

Basically, no.

The brand of exhaust and the volume of noise from the exhaust when tested to the requirements of the EPA/RTA are mutually exclusive.

By quiet, if you mean less than what is shown in the RTA guidlines, then yes it is ok, once again irrespective of brand.

the vehicle has to reach a standard of not only roadworthy-ness but the RTAs standard for emission etc as well.

EPA's (Environmental Protection Agency) emissions standards - noise pollution and exhaust pollution regulations have to be adhered to - and regulations for cars is different depending on year of manufacture, etc. Is many a rule.

An exhaust from any brand can be engineered if it meets epa specs. Some of the newer ones are specifically designed to be high performance and quiet - but sometimes depends how much echo and such is present where test is being done.

Guy we went to was legit, and i would recommend. Did the noise test at different rpm in different locations till it passed. (Failed badly the 1st time, so put another resonator in it, came back, failed, went to a different location and different rpm, passed).

GILLARD Peter J

Chamonix (Aust) Pty Ltd

t/a ADR Compliance

Services

78 Francis Street

LEICHHARDT

NSW 2040

P: (02) 9560 7557

F: (02) 9560 7860

M: 0412 546 825

Awesome. Not really worried about the noise not passing, but more on emissions (I'm a nube in exhaust emissions and what they should be - don't think spelling the exhaust from the outside is a smart move or a correct indicator :D).

Edited by russky

What does 'engineered' actually involve? My novice perception was that they just check if its road safe and meets the regulations...

Before you get the car engineered you have to have an emissions test done at either Botany or Penrith testing centres. Its free,and is required by whoever you get to engineer your car