SAU Community

Insuring Skylines?

Drift3r

Just a bit confused...

How much is it to insure Skylines yearly?

I thought if it was turbo its $2000 a year

People are saying non turbo is $2000 as well?

Is this true? :|

Yeah, as infamous_t said, there's no fixed rates. Depends on the exact type of skyline, mods, your licence (how long you've had it & any fines & previous accidents, etc), your age, and a bunch of other stuff.

I was quoted $2,000 just to insure mums magna for me to drive it lol. $2,600 for my car, so needless to say I'm not going to bother with fully comp, silly POS isn't even worth that lol.

my insurance for my R33 NA before was $900, agreed value of $14k,

was 17 and just got my license.

so call around and so on, what car are you insuring anyway?

I'm paying $6?? for a R33 gtst (can't b bothered to find the paperwork :thumbsup: ) 1995 at market value, just over $1000 for a R34 GTT 1998 at market value, both full comp. My excess is $400. i'm 26 with a clean licence. Insurance is through WesFarmers in WA. Also, my insurance covers anyone else to drive our cars. The only thing that changes is the excess, goes up a couple of hundred i think depending on the drivers ago and how long they had their licence.

I told them about all mods, rims are also insured but only cost about $50 or less to add

Hope this helps :banana:

Def shop around, we chose WesFarmers cause we have our house and business insurance with them, they were the only reasonable company to do our business insurance,, everone else wanted crazy amounts or didn't want to know, i had a few strange requests for the business insurance.

Full comp for me is about $1600pa. for my R33 GTS25t with a $19k agreed value. But I'm on 3rd party fire & theft at the moment for about $350pa. :(

the cost of insurance you are charged will depend on a rating that you are given by insurance companies when they are conducting a quote.

the rating is determined on;

- your age

- your driving experience

- if you have any criminal offences

- if you have made any insurance claims in the past

- how long you have held insurance for in the past

your rating and the specifications / age / modifications / what suburb your car is parked in, will determine how much you will pay per year

Even though just car are seemingly expensive (my car was $2400 full comprehensive per year with a 33gtst - was 19 at the time) they are probably the best one for imported cars if you are under 25 years old.

I have heard that shannons are very good however they do not insure anyone under the age of 25.

Edited by Lucy in the Sky