SAU Community

SAFC fixed my problem, dyno!!

Guest Robo's

So much Power increase...nice

i bought a safc II and avc-r but need to get them installed.

anyone have any idea how much to install and tune???

i also have a greddy front mount intercooler so im really excited on the type of ponys ill get!

Guest Robo's

SAFC is around $400, SAFC 2 around $600.

Tuned and installed, i wouldnt pay anymore than $300. I put mine in, and i will be tuning it in the future now, with the aid of a dyno.

i got an extra 130rwhp by adding safc and having the car tuned at SST, as others have said all my mods made the car slower untill it was properly tuned, from 130hp @12psi to 253hp@16psi (it also made 224@12psi) cant be happier

• 1 month later...

Redusing the gap of your plugs helps run smoother at higher revs

because the spark has less distance to jump standard is a gap of 1.1mm. Good idea to regap them if uping the boost. there probbly is a slight power gain to but the main thing I noticed was the overall smoothless of the engine at high revs.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by FLY-SKY

so how do u gap ur plugs?

is it just diff plugs or wat?

i realli dun have a clue when it comes to this gappin plug thing!

and thanks for the info!

I've got Platinum 1.1's.

Yesterday I bought a little tool which basically has bits of metal in varying width, you insert this bit of metal (e.g. .08 width) in between the end of the plug and wack it(carefully) on something till the gap is narrowed.

Originally posted by Shane

I've got Platinum 1.1's.

Yesterday I bought a little tool which basically has bits of metal in varying width, you insert this bit of metal (e.g. .08 width) in between the end of the plug and wack it(carefully) on something till the gap is narrowed.

I think you mean a Filler guage.

Originally posted by skylineakt

Hey Robo, nice power gain mate.

Your car must feel better now.

Just a silly question tho, if your car was originally running rich, by upping the boost wouldn't it pump in more air and making it a bit leaner??

Yes you are correct, but the AFM feels this and it tells the computer to richen it up more, so hence more fuel again. My original dyno graph shows the Air/Fuel ratios in the 10 and 9 to 1 which is extremely rich when the aim is for around 12 - 1. Currently im experiencing a little detonaiton at the top end of third gear which would probably is for the stock intercooler and/or lean mixture. I think i will be back on the dyno soon.