SAU Community

scariest night of my life

DJ_L3ThAL

I am sorry to hear that Nath.

I also agree with 'everyone elses' comments but I would like to add that you can NOT control what other people do on the road so whether you are going slow or fast doesnt always matter.

You just have to do the best you can and hope that other road users do the same :)

Dale.

Nath, thats some bad s*it. At least everyone is A-OK and no one was injured. There is a time and place for speed, and public roads are not it. I'm not saying i'm some sort of road angel - everyone has days where they sink the clog a bit - but always stay well within your ability. As a young P-plater, i did some really stupid stuff behind the wheel, and it is a miracle that there was never any human injury.

Unfortunately, as Dale has said, you can't control what other ppl are doing. We went up to mile high last night (by coincidence, and ran into some of the boys), and the number of ppl flying down and up the mountain was amazing. My mate took my car up the mountain, and at some places he would have been doing a-dollar-twenty. Now i trust him - he has track experience - but what happens when someone doing the same coming down the mountain loses it? You don't even want to think about that sort of stuff, but you have to remember that though you can't control other's behaviour, keeping yourself safe is the most important thing.

BTW, if this rambling doesn't make sense, its because i appear to be quite intoxicated at this point... and i have work at 8 tomorrow morning. Hurt-locker here we come!

Be safe, ppl :)

Kinda funny how everyone with a fast car makes fun of rice until they crash. There are better ways of showing off your car than leaving marks all over the road. Blood on the road aint a pretty site, especially if there are skid marks preceding it.

Drive Safe Victoria

He wants something faster? hmmm, I thought he had learned his lesson? But then again, the same thing can happen on any car. So many people lose their lives in similar situations. That black ice stuff is very dangerous, you don't know its there until you are sliding across it, and there isn't heaps you can do.

In a way I'm glad I drove a lot of slower cars over the years before my current car... learned so many things and made all the usual mistakes that may well have been amplified by a lot more power ontap. In way that is why cops pick on p-platers in skylines, especially if you have done any modifications. People can bitch and winge about it, but there are reasons why they pull p-platers over in skylines and the like -- and a lot of the time it is to save YOUR life.