SAU Community

Brand New Nissan Gtr 35 With Paint Defects Over Two Days

PolishDoc

Hello Guy's ,

I am fairly new to this forum ! :yes: My name is Mario and i am from Melbourne , here are shots of work that i did on this brand new GTR-35, as you have gathered by now i detail top end cars for a living :(

Brand New Nissan GTR 35 with paint defects over two and a half days !

One of my regular clients who imports Japanese cars has also imported a Brand new Nissan GTR 35 in Jet Black !

This is 0ne of the many GTR 35 in Australia! Nissan Australia will start importing them next year so my client decided to have it here sooner !

So far it's really stirred things up people stoping by the showroom to take a look at it there are twenty two clients on my clients list who are interested in the car and one in particular wanted to put a $ 40.000.000 deposit to secure it !

Most of these guys own Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati etc.....

but would like to have another super car like the GTR 35

Anyway on with the paint correction ! This paint reminds me of the very soft paint that Porsche used to have ! When i first inspected the paint i thought this can't be a new car the state of the paint was appalling ! :down:

I decided to give the Flex XC 3401 VRG a run , initially i wanted to use my rotary but then i decided to use the flex instead !

Most of the car was corrected with the Lake Country Orange CCS Pads 6.5"

and LC White CCS 6.5" pads, i decided to try PO 106 FF since my client told me that i will be back to repolish the whole car again in three months time that's why i didn't want to remove to much clear !

And since this car will be used for road tests you can imagine how it will look in three months time ! I briefly Shaw this car take off it was brutal !

Forget about the other It's this one in definitely in the super car league !

Edmonds in the States went to Japan to test it's full potential 3.3 seconds in launch mode and 475 NM of torque they say it's the quickest production car that has come out of the Nissan Stable !

Quicker than a Dodge Viper, quicker than a Porsche Turbo, and also quicker than a Corvette C6. Pity i couldn't go for a spin ! :(

Before rear quarter panel

IMG_0021.jpg

After rear quarter panel

IMG_0003.jpg

After

IMG_0014.jpg

Before boot lid

IMG_0009.jpg

After boot lid with spoiler

IMG_0011.jpg

After

IMG_0012.jpg

After

IMG_0013.jpg

50/50 shot

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

After

IMG_0024.jpg

Bonnet before

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Bonnet After

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

Front view

IMG_0034.jpg

Side view

IMG_0033.jpg

Rear quarter view

IMG_0032.jpg

During work in progress !

IMG_0031.jpg

Before

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

Paint Correction in progress

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Rear View

IMG_0040.jpg

After

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

gtr35x2.jpg

Enjoy the pics

:D for reading

Regards Mario

www.euroglossprestige.com.au

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I! Love! The way! You use ! Exclamation! Marks!!

Well! Done !!On the! Paint! By the way!

Looks! Filth!

That is one hawt service you have given the R35. Thumbs up!

Thanks Buddy,

Wasn't an easy job ! :D

But got it looking like it was supposed to look in the first place :(

Regards Mario

Nice, a mate does this work too, the results can be amazing....

Thanks Buddy,

They can if you know what you are doing :yes:

Black is the most difficult colour to polish without leaving swirls :D

Especially Jet Black on this GTR-35 which was very soft and prone to micro marring !Micro scratching :(

Mario

Ahh Mario, seems you know my mate (Cam) in the industry as well, said you'll be heading up to a detailer convention in Sydney together soon.

Small world...

Cheers.

Sure is !

Yup, i'll be picking him up on the way to Sydney end of August . I look forward in meeting up with them all !

Regards Mario :D

Didn't you get the memo. Nissan ship GT-R's with these paint "features" built in. They are not defects at all! :yes:

Nice work!

:D

A bit like this brand new Aston Martin i polished last year strait from AM factory swirl city :(

Regards Mario

Hey Mario, i have a serious question about paint...

My Subaru Sti Forester is WRC Blue and has these...how should i call them..tiny dried up water drop marks ( like fine rain has hit the paint and left a mark in the form of a droplet film ) on the paint after ive washed it with meguiars car wash treatment, dried it with microfibre and then waxed it with a $50 tin of carnuba wax...Properly until sweat is dripping off me...

I thought that would have been enough but its like the top layer of the paint has a bubbly microscopic film on the surface...and i cant shake it. Its not visible from far away but when you get up close and put your face to the bonnet like any car lover does i can see them!

Im not using a polisher by the way - all by hand.

Its that, plus swirls i recognize from the photos you took.

I know its easily ( maybe not ) curable but ill be buggered if i have any idea how... I dont even know whats causing it.

After seeing that last shot of the R35 ( i know what they are like to drive, have a friend who has one here in Tokyo :D ) I thought the car came out great and it got me thinking...

yes im here in Tokyo but is there anything i can do from here to cure this paint and bring it up to scratch without...overdoing it?

Help me Doctor Mario!

Hey Mario, i have a serious question about paint...

My Subaru Sti Forester is WRC Blue and has these...how should i call them..tiny dried up water drop marks ( like fine rain has hit the paint and left a mark in the form of a droplet film ) on the paint after ive washed it with meguiars car wash treatment, dried it with microfibre and then waxed it with a $50 tin of carnuba wax...Properly until sweat is dripping off me...

I thought that would have been enough but its like the top layer of the paint has a bubbly microscopic film on the surface...and i cant shake it. Its not visible from far away but when you get up close and put your face to the bonnet like any car lover does i can see them!

Im not using a polisher by the way - all by hand.

Its that, plus swirls i recognize from the photos you took.

I know its easily ( maybe not ) curable but ill be buggered if i have any idea how... I dont even know whats causing it.

After seeing that last shot of the R35 ( i know what they are like to drive, have a friend who has one here in Tokyo :D ) I thought the car came out great and it got me thinking...

yes im here in Tokyo but is there anything i can do from here to cure this paint and bring it up to scratch without...overdoing it?

Help me Doctor Mario!

Adam ,

It sounds as if it will need machine polishing or paint correction , i had a Lexus IS Jet Black of course :( and it had some really nasty paint etching and acid rain plus the previous owner didn't give a Sh.... about the state of his car but i got it looking like this IMG_0038-1.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

IMG_0013-1.jpg

Does this best describe your paint problem ?

Regards Mario

Edited by PolishDoc

Doc thats exactly what my paint has even including the spider webs, lol. Car looks great - and black is always a good indicator of paint condition. They say its the hardest to look after but it also shows off paint quality the best so its game on in that aspect...

Are those spots from acid rain...??? Is that was causes those marks?

I thought i could get it all out by hard hand polishing it but obviously not...

Machine polishing...okay cool, i can arrange that.

Anything else you can prescribe? I care about the car so i want it looking its best.

What is "paint correction" exactly and how good do you think Meguiars are?

LOl, looks like SAU has its own in house paint Doc now...