SAU Community

I Know My Clutch Is Slipping.

R33-RB26DETT

Hey guys,

I know my clutch is on the way out, but i just want to confirm this is normal and not something serious with my engine...

When i drive past about 6,000 revs i can hear the turbos spooling really loud but i dont feel the power being delivered to the wheels.

This is normal right? It's just becuase the clutch is slipping even during normal driving and can handle the load over 6,000 rpm which means its on its last legs??

Stop doing that.....or you'll be looking for a new flywheel as well as a clutch.

Yes it's normal... your clutch is slipping, so the more power you put through it the more it will slip.

Thx again for the oil thread :P gold..pure gold

Edited by madbung

yup i agree its just your clutch...... sam4e thing happend to me,,,, do you also hear a sound of a cricket creeking when you have your foot away from the clutch???? and does it go away when you push the clutch down????

I replaced mine with a exedy hd clutch and got fly machined,,,,,, everything is sweet now,,,, no more slipping and because it has more clamping power than standard clutch i dont get asmuch of that ugly clutch smell that cops seem to hate