SAU Community

Jimmy's R32 Skyline 4dr

Hey Everyone.

Thought it was time I posted up a topic for my car. Haven't really updated anything since my first introductory thread (see HERE for my introduction post which explains how and why I got the car etc)

So it's a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTE, with a manual and RB25DE conversion, along with 5-stud brakes, R200 diff etc. It was purchased in October 2005.

A minor thing we did when we first got it was painted and cleaned up the brake calipers.

Before

partone005ps1.th.jpg

After

calipersandengine004bu4.th.jpg

We also got it dyno'd, 115rwkw, pretty reasonable I think.

dynochartmo7.th.jpg

Here is the progress of the Clarion Headunit and Front speakers. These were laying round from my sister's old Daihatsu Applause. No audio came with the car when purchased.

Before

partone042ad1.th.jpg

Previous owner must have made these mounts, personally don't like them. Trying to source stock covers at the moment.

partone044tr6.th.jpg

After

parttwo001yp5.th.jpg

parttwo011ny2.th.jpg

The rim centre's weren't in excellent condition so we decided to get them sandblasted and powdercoated in black. Also got the plates MI11NT, I don't like them anymore so when rego comes up I'm going to get RB25NA I think.

03rt6.th.jpg

plates014dy9.th.jpg

And then we did suspension, we put new Polyurethane bushes in the front caster arms and front upper arms, and a few months after that got TEIN super-street coilovers.

They're actually on their lowest setting, but I think it's great.

coiloversinstalled019wc5.th.jpg

Sits nice.

coiloversinstalled003nw3.th.jpg

Cat up to no good.

coiloversinstalled016zv5.th.jpg

Another one of the cat

pic017oz0.th.jpg

And then we got some better speakers for the front + tweeters (Pioneer) and moved the Clarions to the rear.

r32skyline113ja9.th.jpg

Not a great pic of the speakers but meh.

audio001up6.th.jpg

Not much happened for a while, but recently I got a new headunit.

No pics of that installed.

2232872026682d50f462ono1.th.jpg

Also got a Genuine Nismo Steering Wheel and boss kit. I love the old style Nismo Logo.

dsc0159nl6.th.jpg

And 2 days ago I got a Genuine Nismo Aluminium Chrome gearknob, however it isn't the type you can buy now, it's a discontinued part and has the old style logo engraved in it. Pics to come.

108e1wc3.th.jpg

That's about all the progress on my car I guess.

My plans now are to get

• Nismo Cupholder (rare) but just purchased one :(
  • Side Window visors
  • Fix + Paint front Aero bar and then purchase the matching Aero pods for a full Factory Aero kit.
  • Brand New Nardi Wheel (with Nismo horn button)
  • Mount rear plates at angle (and get RB25NA)
  • Stock door speaker covers and mounts.
  • Vacuum clean interior with one of those powerful chemical ones :O
  • Buff + polish + wax and all that stuff (easy done, just need to put the effort in haha)
  • Put some new Blue LEDs in the dash cos some of the ones now fell out due to the people putting the alarm system in

Thanks for looking at my 4-door R32 Skyline :P

Updates to come hopefully ^.^

-Jimmy.

Edited by -Jimmy-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...