SAU Community

The Most Unsafe Car Ever?

Out of cars ive owned it would have to be my 93 model swift gti - so dodgy that a child could bend the door frames out. 2/10

Most unsafe feeling car ive been in would probably be a Torana. Felt like if we were to be in an accident, it was going to hurt real bad! 1/10

daewoo matiz 1/10 ex-work car now retired or auctioned off thank fk.

Very unsafe, bad points:

- slugish auto dangerous when pulling out of a drive way

- 3cyl motor, gutless compounds to the sluggish auto problem

- Has A/C which takes half its power away, can not reach 80 on the highway

- seat not adjustable due to luggage cage in back

- seat belt doesn't sit right because of the seat issue, slides up around your neck

- indicator is on the wrong side

- side panels ultra thin, door & interior trim less than 4cm in thickness

- top heavy with saggy suspension, body roll king

- no length to bonnet, crumple zones are your legs

- they some how fitted undersized brakes to a really small 1L 3cyl car

that'll do but there's lots more faults

no wonder daewoo went broke

my AE86.

no foot brake response, fucked headgasket, windscreen wipers not working, hole in spare tyre well, radiator support substituted by a piece of broomstick, with full rego, blasting down citylink at 100km/h. Oh and cos it had a flat battery I couldn't stall or idle the car, but cos I had a fucked headgasket it overheated if I went over 4000RPM. Fun times.

Oh and the drive seat was held in by one bolt.

I'd rate it -1 out of 10.

wasn't there a car that would just explode if it was hit from behind with a bit of speed? i'd say that'd be the worst. Apart from that i once saw a corolla with about 2 feet of mattress foam on each panel so i guess that has to help . . . .

The exploding car was the Chevrolet Corvair, It was an interesting car for it's day..also came with a turbo on the sports model.

Didn't handle too well in standard form with massive under steer but the excitement of a possible rear impact-explosion at any moment makes up for all the bad bits :thumbsup:

daewoo matiz 1/10 ex-work car now retired or auctioned off thank fk.

Very unsafe, bad points:

- slugish auto dangerous when pulling out of a drive way

- 3cyl motor, gutless compounds to the sluggish auto problem

- Has A/C which takes half its power away, can not reach 80 on the highway

- seat not adjustable due to luggage cage in back

- seat belt doesn't sit right because of the seat issue, slides up around your neck

- indicator is on the wrong side

- side panels ultra thin, door & interior trim less than 4cm in thickness

- top heavy with saggy suspension, body roll king

- no length to bonnet, crumple zones are your legs

- they some how fitted undersized brakes to a really small 1L 3cyl car

that'll do but there's lots more faults

no wonder daewoo went broke

hahaha - my little brother has one of those - its a manual though and no luggage gage so doesn't have a few of those issues you mentioned but the A/C taking away half the power is surprisingly close to the truth!

ps. the "indicator is on the wrong side" call just makes me think you dont drive a lot of cars :)

• 2 months later...

daihatsu terrios,,,,, the skinny baby awd thing,,,,,, north rocks road and pennant hills road, turned the corner, no screetching, didnt look fast going about 40-50 ish, it was a right turn but its a main road so he had 4 lanes to do 90 degrees..... bloody thing just rolls on the 2 passenger side wheels, then the suspension some how pushed it over to make it flip flat on its top...... obvious terrble design, very high centre of gravity.....

cant rate it out of 10 because ive never sat in it.... but doesnt look good

My dads old AU Falcon.. stupid thing nearly killed me several times due to the dodgy gearbox. See a gap in traffic, go to take it, get a metre into traffic and the gearbox has a sad - car goes nowhere while you're looking at oncoming traffic!

'87 Barina.. not much between you and everything else on the road.

Oh and I saw a Matiz roll outside my house one day after it swerved to miss a Camry that nearly pulled out on it.. no injuries, it just rolled over onto its' roof and slid for another 50m before coming to a stop near my driveway.

I think my T18 is fairly unsafe..its sound mechanically and dynamically but Corollas as a rule aren't hevaily built and its pillarless construction, long , flimsy doors and unnerving body flex are frightening if you consider the possibility of someone ploughing you.