SAU Community

Shell To Phase Out Shell V-power Racing

Hi

I thought you’d be interested to know that from the end of July ‘08, Shell will start to phase out its Shell V-Power Racing fuel in Australia.

The Shell V-Power Racing phase out from Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, NSW & ACT will take around 6 months and will be finished at the end of the year.

Be assured that Shell V-Power, a 98 octane fuel, which has been developed with Ferrari, will be Shell’s performance fuel and continues to be available at Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, SA, NSW & ACT.

Changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has played a big part in Shell’s decision. Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites to make it easier for motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

If anyone wants to find out more info on the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing you can visit www.shell.com.au or call 13 16 18 for tech or general enquiries.

Otherwise, shout out as I’m a Shell representative so I’m well placed to answer any queries.

Cheers Adam

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original poster.

Sounds like a typical school kid wasting time. The lack of direct links to information, and the lack of ACTUAL information...

It is indeed true though :D

Sorry for the confusion.

That's what I thought too... Maybe it has something to do with the fact that not everyone went up to V Power Racing when V Power was out...

Either way, sounds like a load of rubbish...

Johnny: I took that pic :D

Hi

I thought you’d be interested to know that from the end of July ‘08, Shell will start to phase out its Shell V-Power Racing fuel in Australia.

The Shell V-Power Racing phase out from Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, NSW & ACT will take around 6 months and will be finished at the end of the year.

Be assured that Shell V-Power, a 98 octane fuel, which has been developed with Ferrari, will be Shell’s performance fuel and continues to be available at Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, SA, NSW & ACT.

Changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has played a big part in Shell’s decision. Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites to make it easier for motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

If anyone wants to find out more info on the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing you can visit www.shell.com.au or call 13 16 18 for tech or general enquiries.

Otherwise, shout out as I’m a Shell representative so I’m well placed to answer any queries.

Cheers Adam

so do you have any idea when west australia will get a 98 octane shell fuel ?

we are stuck with crap over here

If you're THAT worried about your car blowing up, probably worth looking at de-tuning it a tad. I mean its what 5kw extra your going to have? Because you would be nuts to tune it to the 100ron stuff.

Why would you have to be "nuts" to have your car tuned on v power racing?

Thats not exactly the news I wanted.... I smell a retune coming on :)

The original poster.

Sounds like a typical school kid wasting time. The lack of direct links to information, and the lack of ACTUAL information...

It is indeed true though :thumbsup:

Sorry for the confusion.

Hi DRD-00F

If you'd like further information about the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing check out the following link http://www.shell.com/home/content/au-en/sh...nformation.html

Thanks

Adam

This is crap. My car has been tuned for 100RON and that what i use. If i know i hvae a few hundred kms between motorsport events then i use the 98. But i make sure that there has been a tank of 100 in there before i hit the track.

My car really woke up with the 100 as it takes a lot more ignition. Sucks that it wont be available anymore.

WHAT changing markets are they talking about. Its not like Aus has a shortage of ethanol!

Hi DRD-00F

If you'd like further information about the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing check out the following link http://www.shell.com/home/content/au-en/sh...nformation.html

Thanks

Adam

That's alright, I figured out it was true, but a direct link would have been handy.

Can you shed any light on what the reason for stopping production is?

More BS about research from a fuel company, why am I not surprised :)

When the last fuel crisis occured the FACTS were that car enthusiasts didn't drive their cars any less than they did before the crisis.

Why?

BECAUSE WE ARE CAR ENTHUSIASTS :thumbsup:

We drive our cars anyway, that's how we get our jollies.

In comparison to what else we spend on the car, fuel costs are a MINISCULE part.

We just keep on driving because we enjoy it. Plus I actually like the idea of the average Wally not driving his car because of fuel prices, it means less traffic for me to get stuck in. So I plan to enjoy my car even more.

WAKE UP SHELL, you should be making MORE V Power Racing and less of the low octane crap that the Wallys use, because they are the ones that are staying home, not us enthusiasts.

So Adam, run that logic up the Shell flagpole and see who will argue with you about it, because whoever they are they know absolutely nothing about the people who actually use V Power Racing.

Cheers

Gary

I reckon they are phasing it out bcoz of there sales figures of it, it probably shows that they arent selling near enough of it compared to other fuels, and not that many people who are using 98 already have actually made the choice to pay the extra to get the 100ron for everyday driving. but definately when hitting the track or for motorsports purposes its a major plus. sucks that we wont have that option anymore i guess.

The problem with V Power Racing is and always has been since its launch, regularity of availability. I am relatively lucky in that my local Shell is a VPR stockist. But if I don’t get there on Wednesday night, the day the delivery of VPR happens, I can’t get any as they run out with 24 hours. If I need VPR for the weekend racing then I make sure I am at the servo Wednesday afternoon. Personally I would be using 3 to 4 times as much VPR as I currently do if it was available all the time, as in 7 days a week.

The next issue is unreliability of supply, there have been long periods of time, weeks in fact, when VPR is simply not available. So Shell looking at how much VPR they have sold is not a good indicator of the demand. To get a true indication what they should be looking at is what they HAVEN’T sold because it was unavailable. Not an easy question to answer, but unless they answer that very question they will have no idea what the potential market is. Hence they can’t make a decision as to the real viability of VPR.

Cheers

Gary

this is awful news :) how can they be thinking about phasing it out, I was wondering when on earth they were going to phase it in.... I mean it's been out for a fair while now and only available at a small handful of servo's. what did they expect with such limited availability. I still drove the 12kms to my nearest stockist to buy the stuff, and I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium fuel.

KEEP THE V POWER RACING.

Or at least consider stocking it at a few servos permanently, especially ones near motorsport venues.