SAU Community

Wa Prices On Stags, S1 Vs S2 And S1 Aero Grille..anyone Interested?

I have drummed up enuff stagea controversy to last me a lifetime.

My aim was to see if there is enuff interest in the grilles and Dayz kits for S1 and S2 molds.

I have sourced a person to help me with the S2 full kit and I will also do my S1 in the next following few weeks.

When the dust settles and I get a good result, I will then post up prices and show examples of quality.

To be honest I have put a 10% charge on both kits, and I have been told that they will be cheaper than aussie rival makers over east.

Thanks all for showing your interest..keep stagen on!

Admins can you please delete topic?

To be honest I have put a 10% charge on both kits, and I have been told that they will be cheaper than aussie rival makers over east.

Out of interest what do you mean by 10% charge on both kits, what is the estimate individual prices of the pieces and are they made in WA if their are fitment issues.

Nismokid, couple of points of contention, and as you've said "drummed up enuff stagea controversy"....

Your comment " People that buy a S2 tip-tronic are pathetic!".

--It may be only an opinion but some opinions should be kept to themselves.

--My opinion is you are pathetic because you drive a manual. (see what does that achieve)

"A stock S1 or S2 will have problems keeping up with 200kw aurions and rav 4's, (200 killer wasps hehe..) let alone XR6 turbos, HSV etc how embarrissing!"

My Stock S2 Stag has no problems keeping up with the vehicles mentioned, in fact they have had trouble keeping up with me at times, especially the fords..... check the gross/tare weight on fords/holdens and you'll find they nearly as heavy if not same in some instances depending on what luxury pack options are weighing it down.

As for the Aurions and rav4......no comment....all i can say is get a clue.

Just a few more words to keep the record straight:

1.) Obviously at the moment I drive a 97 S1 Dayz Stagea in automatic and I don't know of any S1 that comes in a factory manual, unless converted down the track. Why did you not ask? And yes if I was driving the aurion or rav I reckon I would smoke you.

2.) You must have a reading disorder because you have not bothered to read the whole topic where I have reneged on the loose use of pathetic. I am not going to apologise twice. I did this to increase the interest with S2 drivers; it was nothing personal but fuel for controversy so S2 drivers would become interested, you played into my hands, it was too easy dealing with you. It is one thing to read something and another thing to comprehend it. I am not a qualified race mechanic but through spending too much money and experience I am very clued on.

3.) 206kw under the bonnet beneath a 1700kg car is always going to be a problem if you are up against a similar powered lighter car or any half decent V8, have you gone up against stock SS's or HSV or FPV aussie delivered vehicles? Even some high powered fours will easily have you. You must have your hand on it and you are dreaming! Have you ever heard of weight to power ratio. What are you going to do take the doors off..lol..and I'm sure stageas all come with power everything, due to being a prestige touring wagon! The one factor that the stag has on its side is 4WD and is only an advantage in the wet during hard launches or cornering with the right suspension setup, are you going to tell people I am only going to race you if it is wet? By the way stageas aren't the lightest cars just like soarers, 300ZXs etc. I have spoken to a mechanical engineer and a very experienced drag mechanic about this numerous times. Think about Nitro funny cars basically fibreglass and carbon fibre shells with massive powered engines and of course the nice little parachute, check it out and treat yourself one day, now thats speed.

4.) The torque figures of a stock S1 or S2 are not that impressive unless you drive a M35 and even then some real internal work is needed, not just bolt on mods, careful and lengthy tuning is needed, with precision thought of well chosen parts to work together in synchrony in one decent run down the quarter without human error.

5.) I have driven three versions of the stagea, a S1 and a S2, one auto, one tip-tronic and one manual. I seriously couldn't tell much of a difference between the S1 and S2, only with the manual. I really find the paddle steering shift not natural, have you tried changing down then up while entering and leaving the apex of a sharp corner? The manual "S" also comes standard with true factory LSD. Also, I cant wait to drive an M35, people have told me they are a totally different car to the C34 platform.

6.) You must be a boy racer and don't worry, I have been also, but there comes a time in a boy's life when he becomes a man and chooses with his head and not his heart. I bought my stagea for all the right reasons eg: comfort, safety, practicality and especially its stealth nature. This is my fifth import so I have done my homework and all pros and cons were considered and led me back to buying a second Stagea (The first was a bit rusty-bought from the Kanoya Province near the beach in Japan and was a direct personal import-I admit it was a bad choice in the long run, but it got me safely and comfortably around when I travelled down south). Of course I could have bought a S2 but I could not justify paying around 18-20k in PERTH WA at the time, even distinctive have only now dropped their prices. Also I have a life and my quality of life would diminish if I had made this rash decision. Houses go up and cars depreciate so quickly as my wife pointed out. I feel I made the right logical choice. I left my stag in the carport for 8 months, because I basically couldn't put fuel in it and poured money into my mortgage, but in return I made a quick $120 000 on the housing boom. This will support my outright buy of a M35, hopefully Australia's first 6 speed manual! Not to offend any tip-tonic drivers.

7.) I have owned and driven some niceish cars purpose built by XSpeed, Cred and Cypher Industries down the strip and have endured circuit battles with good power, reliability, handling and performance figures. The stagea was built for touring just like a big old school muscle car or hogg. Comparing similar cars is good but you don't need half a brain to understand that your stagea was not really built for speed, just check the non 6 spot brakes on the S1 or S2, Autech 260RS are in a class of their own (eg: Brembos). A true GTR wagon. A smart man once told me, don't bother looking under the bonnet, just look at the anchors!

8.) Please people understand what this debate was about. Someone please justify to me buying a S2 over a S1. Alot of people out there end up paying well into the 25-35K mark just getting their stagea up to standard with alot of other quick and powerfull cars available in the sub 35k mark that will smoke even the toughest muscle cars. Most people end up doing the manual conversion anyways and eventually the 26 goes in, opening up the search for power and burning a hole in the wallet. Then the person bangs his / her head against the wall when they could have bought a manual "S"or Autech even cheaper. If you are looking for nice power buy a R32 GTR on the cheap and build it up to your requirements or until you get scared. I did with my 370BHP RB GTiR, again a nice little package considering weight to power and proven built for speed and reliability also whilst street driven. And yes I have considered luxary pack weight items hence searching out an RB model. I have learnt from spending big on various cars, I should bring up the CA vs SR vs RB debate on SilviaWA..not!

9.) There is a smorgasbord of new wagons coming in to play in Australia and New Zealand such as Legnums, Caldinas, EVO wagons, even RVRs and a smart buyer would question value for money practicality, fuel prices and insurance etc. Most of my fellow kiwi bro's are mad drag enthusiasts; I'm going back there in December, haven't been back in 10 years, now that I call AUS home, and then to Japan next year for the D1 racing events and hope to see some high powered R35s. Sometimes I wish I was still in NZ, the prices and varieties on imports are vast and ridiculously cheap!

10.) So in summary don't get me wrong I am a very happy Stagea driver and I wouldn't have bought one twice if I wasn't. To all you fellow auto pilots out there it has been a bit of a battle for myself converting from being a 5 speed junkie, maybe something I should have kept to myself! I definitely will post up the prices on the copy Dayz kits and grilles for the S1 and S2 and I hope for some sales...I'm even thinking of buying a third Stag, a nice M35 Autech or 260RS next year!

Definitely enuff said...

Edited by nismokid

I want/need an S1 grill like this ASAP;

post-43041-1215863872_thumb.jpg

The Stagea is ready (has been for a several weeks) to go to the panel shop for painting of the DAYZ side skirts that I got over 12 months ago. I am sick and tired of searching Import Monster and Yahoo every day for the last month and not finding one single grill. So how much and when can I have it?

Cheers

Gary

PS; The auto is the best for my purposes, I have no use for a manual tow car.