Basti

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one word

HACI'S

there is no better. ever.

cnr St George's rd and Bell St, opposite Bells St maccas. Look for two sweaty arab men in a caravan. I swear they must lace that shit with cocaine, cos I'm addicted as fuck to em.

If its not in a lebanese bread/pide then its not a kebab. GTFO with that pansy ass souvlaki shit.

one word

HACI'S

there is no better. ever.

cnr St George's rd and Bell St, opposite Bells St maccas. Look for two sweaty arab men in a caravan. I swear they must lace that shit with cocaine, cos I'm addicted as fuck to em.

If its not in a lebanese bread/pide then its not a kebab. GTFO with that pansy ass souvlaki shit.

Respect.

They don’t taste as good these days in the newer caravan. They were heaps better when they were in the back of that truck and didn’t have access to running water in the truck. The mixture of uncleanliness and sweat dripping from them probably made them taste incredible back in the day. Although they still taste phenomenal.

Stalactites is hit and miss for a souva IMO.

The meat is really fatty and lots of crappy offcuts and grissle at times. I go there a fair bit cause @ 4am CBD when im working graveyards... not a lot open so i kinda have to live with it and take the gamble sometimes

i HATE the dodgy kebab joins that do the imitation meat, that stuff that looks more like shit than actual food!

Nobel's, greek place (keilor rd) do a good souva if your down that way, near la porchetta/chatreuse. Always pretty good with decent meat cuts

Nicks Souvlaki Bar (on lygon st near jive bar) back in the day was the bomb!! Wouldnt go anywhere but there.

And yeh Nobels on keilor rd dont make a bad souva either, I hate that compressed meat sh!t that some places use!!

farout wheres the westside kebab/souvlaki shops at man?!!

the exit just before the westgate bridge then turning left lead me to the tastiest souvlaki's i have ever tasted. frank was the guys name and was open till late

but few months ago was taken over by some other dude and haven't been there since.

brunswick street does have a few good kebab shops.

isn't there a place everyone likes on furlong road?

Ali's in Mitcham, it's ages away but still worth the drive!!

Haci's also when im in that area..

Lambs on Lygon Street and the one on Malvern road just off chapel.

man it's been a good 5 days since my last kebab im getting cravings!

I'm at a different site atm and they got kebabs for everyone from some place in Reservoir the other week.. I had no idea what I was eating but it didn't kill me so it must be alright haha.

Think that must have been my first kebab ever.. last time I had a souvlaki was years ago on Lygon St at some stupid hour of night.

Sydney's North Shore is pretty anti kebabs so never really got into them when I was growing up..

Meanwhile some of you are scary, I can't think of anything worse than those kebab caravans that are open at 4am. So never going to Bell St either... both sides of that corner are eyesores with the riced up lancers anyway haha.