SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

What would Jesus do?!

:(

Ben, QLD has it easy, much more difficult to get away with anything here in Vic which is what puts me off, and Richard, if I ever sell it it will be in 52387093148091 pieces so it doesn't help too much with that. But it is handy to have...

Gearbox woes my butt! Busted 5th on one, that's just wierd, then I was sold a dud one which crapped strait away. Got a good fresh rebuilt one in it now :) .... me hopes >_< lol

Savman, peirce orf and go crash somethin will ya!

RAlly rego in NSW is excellent. Yes you need a log book including CAMS cage first, but after that it is $90 per year including rego and can be used for everything I need except dropping the kids off.

more importantly, who else is coming to lake mountain sprint? we are going to take the targa car out for a run

I'm possibly doing Lake Mountain in April as a Targa Shakedown (if I have any tyres left) but will miss the Jan one as I'll be doing Wrest Point instead.

I did hear yesterday that there is bugger all people entered for Rally Tas in early Feb at this stage though, as most people are opting with either Lake Mountain or Wrest Point instead.

RAlly rego in NSW is excellent. Yes you need a log book including CAMS cage first, but after that it is $90 per year including rego and can be used for everything I need except dropping the kids off.

more importantly, who else is coming to lake mountain sprint? we are going to take the targa car out for a run

I don't know why it's so difficult in Vic then... Seems like it's the thing to do in all other states. I don't want to be paying $600 a year for a car that will barely see the rd, but I don't want to lose it because I'll never get it back.

Gearbox woes my butt! Busted 5th on one, that's just wierd, then I was sold a dud one which crapped strait away. Got a good fresh rebuilt one in it now :) .... me hopes :( lol

Savman, peirce orf and go crash somethin will ya!

LOL, well if i can find a clutch for under $1500 i am going to throw the 33 box in mine....so you can have my freak gearbox that will never give up the ghost. I must have got one of the special ones out of the factory, perhaps my car was an ex Press car :/

LOL, well if i can find a clutch for under $1500 i am going to throw the 33 box in mine....so you can have my freak gearbox that will never give up the ghost. I must have got one of the special ones out of the factory, perhaps my car was an ex Press car :thumbsup:

how much power you going to be putting through that clutch? Benno does a a GTR style single plate for under $1500... I have one and its great, you can slip it a bit and its not too heavy etc... I'm not sure what he rates them to, but mine took 260rwkw no problem, I would think you would get 300 out of it pretty safely

Hmm. Nick is the only one to have made a sensible post...so Nick :P

I want a Nismo twin. Have driven two cars with them and i dont think i want anything else...but will touch base with Ben if by Jan the yen hasnt crashed.

Yeah I had the Nismo single but it wouldn't take more than 240rwkw... I kept the flywheel and upgraded the clutch to a Benno special... he reckons they deliberately have a really light clamping pressure to get you to upgrade to the twin plate... sneaky bastards

oh and to make up for the serious post here is a dog wearing a toupee...

post-7369-1229062722_thumb.jpg