SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

lol make sure your navigator knows the difference between "R3 over crest" and "R3 on crest". here's a demonstration:

http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/targa04.wmv

Seriously though the over crest stuff takes real trust and confidence the first few times you try it it feels so wrong. You need to be certain the navigator has their notes right and like Ben said you need to mark a few calls ahead sometimes to make sure there is enough warning on the dangerous stuff.

BTW Kel's now booked in for Wrestpoint, Rally Tas and Targa Tas in the silly seat. Looks like I never get my navigator back :laugh:

South Riana has so many crests in it, at one point it like 100 flat crest, 200 flat crest, 100 flat crest 100 l3. I nav that stage, and you always have that doubt that you counted the crests wrong at that speed.

haha I've only done it once but I remember the same part. It sounds so easy to count 3 crests in a row sitting here at the computer....but when your foot is flat and you are going over a blind crest its so hard to be sure. especially when it is L3 at the end of them

James and I did the hard yards today in driving up and back to Mt Buller to continue our recce / pace note practising. 700km's in a day and unfortunately this was the only car available for us to do it in. (It's the Challenge Stradale version too).

:banana:

post-5136-1230454857_thumb.jpg

Yeah look the times I'd driven it before I just thought it was loud and stupid but it was really nice today - if not a little scary at times. The front end on that one is tired (ball joints are screwed) so you didn't really know what it wanted to do but that was ok because even just cruising it sounded like we were doing 11ty km/hr so we didn't need to actually drive fast to feel like we were!

Someone I see has entered one for Targa and I personally think they deserve a medal for bravery! And if people think SLG's sound good wait til they hear this thing in action.

Dunc - 36,000km with replacement cost (4x ball joints, 1x castor arm) $5,000 (fitted)

Considering the life it has had, and its inherent fragile nature - that's not too bad!

Plus I get a coffee when I go to pick it up, so make it $4,997 :spank:

I hear Rally Tas has dropped some stages because of low entries

Yep one stage and changes to some others according to the quote on the event website...

With entry numbers not as high as we would have liked, it has meant that some alterations to the course will be required. Unfortunately due to the massive logistics required, the Saturday evening street stage will have to be dropped, but will hopefully make a triumphant return in 2010” said Event Manager Scott Spedding. “We are also considering some minor changes to other sections of the course, but will ensure that the effect on competitive kilometres is as minimal as possible. Further details will be announced in the coming week, but changes are most likely to affect the Friday Stages only”.

Hey Kel - are we going to be seeing you at TWP now? I see the 2 DK cars have entered.

Yeah it's looking likely :laugh:

Just sorting out details with the guys now.

Someone out there might be interested in this (Russ??) - btw not available to Rookie Rally entrants though (I checked already)

http://www.tarmacmag.com.au/news_detail.php?newsid=19

Tarmac Targa Tasmania Scholarship!

Posted : 10/01/2009

Announcing the Tarmac magazine Targa Tasmania Scholarship!

In conjunction with Targa Tasmania and Octagon, Tarmac magazine has been alocated five scholarship packages that will save thousands off an entry into Targa Tasmania 2009 in either the Modern or Classic categories.

Here's the deal, you need to meet the following criteria:

1) Will compete in Targa Tasmania 2009

2) Want to save $2000+ off an entry fee

3) Have space for Tarmac stickers

4) You haven't paid your entry yet

5) Didn't race at Targa Tasmania in 2008*

* We have an allocation of 5 scholarship places, but only two of those places can be for those who ran in 2008 -

Easy, isn't it! And you stand to save up to $2295 off the full entry fee:

Modern: Full entry: $7290; Tarmac scholarship price: $4995

Classic: Full entry: $6490; Tarmac scholarship price: $4450

But that's not all: you'll also receive a Tarmac pack, including two Tarmac T-shirts for driver and navigator, and two 12 month (4 issues) subscriptions to Tarmac magazine, PLUS all the racecar signage (4 stickers: 2x medium, 2x small).

Lastly, you'll also receive 10 percent off purchases made before Targa at selected Tarmac-supporting outlets. We're in the midst of confirming these suppliers, to potentially make your entry to Targa 2009 even cheaper.

So what are you waiting for, let Tarmac magazine save you thousands and put you on the starting grid for the 18th annual Targa Tasmania, April 28-May 2.

To be part of this exclusive club, call or email us your details and we’ll put you on the list to qualify for the Scholarship. Scholars will be announced Jan 30.

1300 883 252