SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

so you've left russ out in the cold :) . I'm sure we can organise some locals to knife some porsche tyres for you.

Should be some good sideways pics of you.

Edited by sav man

Kinda :) Russ knows what it means to me, so I have his full blessing...... Personally I don't think we have a chance against those lightweight Porshes, having seen Rex Broadbent's thing in action actually I say we categorically have no chance, but of course a Class win is always the aim :) Oh, and to finish!

Not sure how much sideways stuff we can afford, 4 tyre limit these days :)

Timmy, I'm not sure either mate? Haven't been able to work it out really! lol

flat out workin on targa wrest point 24/7... haven't touched the rx7, evo or ps3 in nearly two months!

on classic handicap the gtst has the same index as gavin james 944 s2 and he was a shoe in for second this year until i understand he put his medium front tyres on the rear and hard rears on the front.... classic outright would be tuff in the gtst again the 900kg / 370kw 911's and 1300kg / 350kw torana's.

ps. might not have played with my toys of late, but did have a steer of the 24hr brock monaro today!

Grab your surfboard Snows - black support car is confirmed!

Will be better than the Evo in terms of space and practicality too - so works out well :thumbsup:

The black car loves a good motorsport event :ermm: (Although it will be stickerless this time thank god).

And it will be even better than the EVO in terms of awesomeness and coolness as well! LOL

n1073932180_12660_133.jpg

flat out workin on targa wrest point 24/7... haven't touched the rx7, evo or ps3 in nearly two months!

on classic handicap the gtst has the same index as gavin james 944 s2 and he was a shoe in for second this year until i understand he put his medium front tyres on the rear and hard rears on the front.... classic outright would be tuff in the gtst again the 900kg / 370kw 911's and 1300kg / 350kw torana's.

ps. might not have played with my toys of late, but did have a steer of the 24hr brock monaro today!

When I last spoke to Gavin he was excited that I'd bought something that I hope to compete against him with. He's a top bloke and a really good steerer to boot, so I'm looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Enjoy the Munro Stu?

The black car loves a good motorsport event :thumbsup: (Although it will be stickerless this time thank god).

And it will be even better than the EVO in terms of awesomeness and coolness as well! LOL

n1073932180_12660_133.jpg

So do we quit now on the cool car stakes or wat?

it was v-cool, everycar needs motec dash, squential box, massive brakes, 18 x farking hugh tyres!

only(!!) has 436kws but funny thing was its pretty much stripped aside form the dash and carbon blanking trim pieces but keeps the standard audiovox stereo fascia!

the whole car is very different to his targa monaro cv8 i had for a week back in 2004. remember the year brock and richards both ran out of fuel on a stage. brock said the gauge still indicated 1/3 tank of fuel and i thought yeah right someone just cocked up... turned out he was right, 1/3 tank of fuel and the sucker ran out on me too in the middle of no where late one friday night... maybe on a targa stage!

the other thing, the shift required a very positive motion, you look at v8supercar on telly and the latest generation of the the same gearbox looks like it only needs a very light touch... but what would i know!

So cool Stu, I'd love to take that for a spin.

In regards to the fuel issue, it doesn't surprise me one bit. In the 9 or so cars I've had, I've never once ran out of fuel. In my Clubbie I have run out 5 times in the past 18 months... and I have a fuel card. Unbelievable. The gauges are as useless as tits on a bull! It also needs a bit of fuel to start it, like 7 or 8 litres, so two trips to the servo with a jerry can. I now have a nice can collection... And the things are fvckin heavy when you have to push them. It's no 180SX that's for sure :)

Haha - well we do have 35 "official" fans on Facebook so maybe we should bring the Hummer incase some turn up to support? ;)

http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?p...gid=10579589594

But I think this time around the RS4 will do just fine. Will hopefully bring the R36 for April (the wife will hopefully let me drive it by then).

n605772563_1945479_6361.jpg